Confused

Posted , 3 users are following.

Il first say that I’m on Venlafaxine 300mg and have been on this for about 8/9 years.

For the last weeks iv had horrible dizziness, feeling off balance and out of body- like I’m not really here. If I’m trying to do something I feel drunk, my eyesight blurrs and I get like a tunnel vision. I’m currently getting a tingling pins and needles feeling in my hands and feet. 

Iv been to my doctors, he did a load of tests on me and has said it’s not serious. He checked my ears and the both look fine but he gave me tablets to clear an inner ear infection. I was off work for a week taking the tablets- I started to feel better (I was laying around resting) untill I went out and all the symptoms came back. I went back to my doctor, he’s saying he just can’t work out what’s causing it- he suggested it could be anxiety/panic attacks- but I’m not anxious and to be honest I’m fairly confident. My question is- could mybody show these symptoms without me feeling it? I’m on a high dose of meds so could it be masking the actual feelings but my body’s going through? I’m currently back at work and am really struggling but the doctors last words were to get on with it and see how it goes. Well it’s 100x worse when I’m driving and at work. Iv been googling and my symptoms are the same as a silent migraine? But my head doesn’t hurt. 

I hope someone can help me.

Oh yeah my first thought was that it was my eyes, so they have been tested and eyesight is perfect.

0 likes, 2 replies

2 Replies

• Posted

Hello, Nikki,

First, 300 mg seems like an awfully high dosage and you 've been on it for a looooong time. How are your moods these days? Your energy level? Do you sleep well and enough? My doc suggested getting off of everything and letting my body get back to normal. The body wants to heal itself. Anti-depressants are not made to be used forever. The dizziness and other symptoms indicate your body is out of balance. How are your eating habits? Do you exercise? Too much salt intake can cause dizziness. I have had these same symptoms and yes it could be a migraine without headache. I don't know what all you're taking but I'd talk to your doctor about getting off as much as you can. I went the natural supplement route, adjusted my diet and got rid of as much stress as I could and things are MUCH better. Wish you the same. Keep us posted.

• Posted

It is unusual that you suddenly have all of those symptoms at the same dose. Have you not had these symptoms before?

Have you suffered any stressful or traumatic experience lately? Or have you drunk alcohol or taken any street drugs?

I don't know whether it may apply to you or not, but it is good to think about what could have caused it.

I think the venlafaxine is repressing your emotions and this will have an effect on any relationships you have, which could then cause more anxiety. I feel both anxious and confident at the same time. But I think I'd rather this, than to not feel confident at all.

Maybe patricia's advice could work for you too, it is something to think about. I have been taken venlafaxine, as high as 5 or 6 75mg a day for several years. Over the last few months I reduced it to where I am taking nothing at all. I haven't taken any venlafaxine for over a week, I was feeling great up until today, but it could be a stomach bug.

You have been taking venlafaxine for 8 or 9 years, this is a very long time. This tablets turn us into robots with no emotion and it is not a good way to live life. Reduce the medication and see how you feel, if this is good continue reducing it. It is an incredible feeling when you get your true self back after coming off this stuff. But you have be strong if you're going to go on this journey of coming off it. It was very difficult, but I thought what is the alternative? Stay on it for life? Talking therapy helps too, if you don't have anyone to talk to about this stuff watch youtube videos or post on here. We are always here to help each other.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.