Confused

Posted , 5 users are following.

Hi, I've been experiencing really bad joint pain in my fingers and hands especially in the morning as well as other joints and headaches. Alongside this, my energy levels seem to not be like the used to (this has been happening for a few months) and I get tired quite easily. These symptoms seem to come and go and I first I thought they might just be from stress from moving away from home and starting uni however they've seemed to get worse. As well as my menstrual period being super irregular I'm meant to be traveling next month in America and quite apprehensive about it cause of these issues and a lack of diagnosis yet my dr has suggested that it might be fibro and has referred me but is not sure as he think I am too young (20) 

0 likes, 6 replies

6 Replies

• Posted

Hi lillyanne sorry to read about your pain, firstly your not to young for fibromyelgia any age can get it, it's good your being referred as it could a number of things so worth investigating.

• Posted

Hi LillyAnne, Have you had any blood tests done? This could also be mononucleosis. Many students get this largely as a result of stress and a lowered immune system. Do you feel like your glands are swollen especially under your arms? And yes sweetie, stress can also cause many symptoms on its own. I feel for young people today with all the pressures involved in reaching their goals. Worry and anxieties can certainly take its toll. So getting a thorough blood work done to check for mono and/or low iron (anemia) deficiency would be wise. You have youth on your side lillyanne so that is a plus. A healthy diet is extremely important as well. Especially if you are a vegetarian.  A multivitamin may help too in case you are a bit run down and deficient in certain nutrients. Managing your stress is also important. Lowering your expectations in keeping up with a demanding pace is also crucial. Listen to your body sweetie and slow down where you can. Rest, sunshine (vit D) and fresh air can also help with low energy. Good that your doctor seems efficient. A Rheumatologist can diagnose if there is a possibility of having fibromyalgia, but I would not worry too much sweetie. I am certain that you will get to the bottom of your fatigue with a bit of detective work. Wishing you success in all your plans. Maggie x
    • Posted

Thank you Maggie! I will definitely ask about this I had bloods done recently so should be able to ask about this smile x
  • Posted

Hiya LillyAnne, feeling for toy I was just wondering if you’ve been checked for Psoratic Arthritis, (a rhumatologist diagnoses usually) do you have Psorisis anywhere, The symptoms for PA are very much the same as Fibro especially with the joints, hands, fingers, and elbows and of course the usual fibro like. symptoms...be blessed lillyanne and have a lovely day..😍😍😍🙏

• Posted

Thank you, you are so kind I will ask about this.

Hope you are having a lovely day smile<3

• Posted

Hi lillyanne

Fibro doesn’t know age.  Your symptoms are starting the same as mine did.  

Go to a Rhuemotologist. I sympathize with you.  But don’t stop what you want to do don’t let it beat you.  Keep moving.

Lori

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.