Confused

Posted , 4 users are following.

I’ve had a clear pill cam and colonoscopy, but o have high calprotectin and severe right abdomen pain and black stools. Any ideas ? Thanks 

1 like, 7 replies

7 Replies

• Posted

Hi, I am going through a similar situation to you where I have right sided pain which the doctors think is Crohns but all tests come back negative except the Calprotectin. How was your experience of the pill cam? I’m due to have it soon and I am worried about how big it is. Also are they testing you when your not in a flare up? I have heard that could be the reason why nothing shows. The black stools could be because you might be taking iron supplements? What have the doctors said now all your tests are negative are they going to diagnose you with anything?
  • Posted

Hi just can't understand what Drs are doing over there in UK. Also black stools are a sign of bleeding. Hope you have luck of some sorts. My heart goes out to you. I'm glad I'm in the States. Don't have to worry about those quack Doctors there. Sorry

• Posted

Hi, the black stools have been confirmed as bleeding and not iron . The pill cam was fine and no problem. I have no idea what’s going on anymore. In agony today and I have a lot of brown mucus too. Obviously severe ibs, my mum has crohns so I know how dangerous it is, but I feel like I’m banging my head against a brick wall 
    • Posted

How have the doctors confirmed the bleeding? I have black stools too but they always say it’s due to iron. Don’t take an ibs diagnosis. You know your body. You could still have Crohn’s but they are probably testing you when your not in a flare up. I would suggest when your next in severe pain go to A&E.

• Posted

Cuz I’m not on iron atm, the GP told me, they found a bleeding small intestine. I’ve been to a&e , they’ve tested me for appendix.  I callled to ask about my budesimide but the GI is on holiday.  Just not sure why I have calprotectin that high , esp as they checked me for infection too. I’ll hsve to accept IBS if they can’t find crohns. They won’t keep testing me x

• Posted

Bleeding in the small intestine is definitely not something anyone should leave. That is definitely not ibs. You could have Chronic Appendicitis which can come and go and act just like Crohns does and it can possibly raise your Calprotectin. I would push for your appendix to be taken out to see if that is what the problem is.
    • Posted

Thankyou for replying, they’ve checked my appendix through ultrasound. All normal . I feel like I’m at a dead end x

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.