Confused

Posted , 10 users are following.

HI,

im wondering if anyone can shed any light on my current situation?

i'll keep it as brief as possible .

Four years ago i started having problems urinating , after numerous tests i was diagnosed with chronic prostatitis from a prostate biopsy. This cleared up after 3 months. Flow was better but still poor.

A year ago it flared up again and flow was very bad , urodynmic study diagnosed severe bladder obstruction and URO recommended a bladder neck incision, after some great advice from Ken and others i decided against this and flow was slightly improved by alpha blockers. Over several months flow got worse again and i ended up in hospital for 7 days with acute retention and UTI.

i was fitted with a catheter and when it was removed after two weeks i still had severe retention of 300 ml.

i them self cathed for a couple of months and noticed my natural flow was significantly improving . My latest urodynamics study showed no problem, virtually no retention and flow improved from 3 to 13 !! he did see some muscle tissue that was in an unusual place.

Anyway, im comvinced that being catheterised and self cathing has " unblocked" the pipe somehow as i am now urinating like a teenager with no retention . Four years of constant urinary problems seem to have completly reversed since using a catheter ( which i no longer need)

I cant find anything on line to support my theory but i cant see any other explanation?

Any thoughts anyone ?

Many thanks Darren

0 likes, 16 replies

16 Replies

Prev

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.