Confused

Posted , 5 users are following.

Hello, I had a RP in 7/15 and 13 lymp nodes removed. Gle. 4+3.major nerve bundle involvement....SV clear.....LN clear....psa preop was 6.7....psa since is .01....my Urologist said if I have a reoccurrance it will be in years 5 thru 7...if it happens and is in my bones from what I've read that the survival time is around 2 years for bone metastasis. Is that true?

Pat

0 likes, 5 replies

5 Replies

• Posted

Sounds like my situation. I am also 67 and had RP in November 2015. 8 Lymph nodes removed, clear margins and no evidence in bones. PSA prior was 8.8. Gleason 4+5 . Post op psa was 1.1 and steadily increased over next few months (so some prostate cells still in body). Started on Hormone jabs which reduced PSA to less than 0.05 and remained steady at that level for about 15 months. Now increasing again and lst reading was 1.3. Awaiting results of PET scan to see next course of action - Radiotherapy? Sorry I have not answered your question directly. Good luck!

• Posted

May I suggest you have not a run of the mill PET scan, but a PSMA PET CT.

This scan is the most detailed one available to determine the extent of any metastasis.

• Posted

Patrick,

In the future IF your PSA starts going up, the next step would be meds and possibly radiation. It seems that your post op reports are excellent. At this point all seems OK. You can ruin the quality of your life worrying about what might happen at some point in the future. I understand this is always on your mind but there is a very high statistical probability that you will be OK.

My best, Tom

• Posted

Agreed. One can choose to live in despair by over worrying. If the results are good, one should leave the worry to later, if justified by a future scan or test.

• Posted

Thanks Tom, I needed to here that. Pat

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.