Confused about chronic bacterial prostatitis and uti

Posted , 7 users are following.

I heard about chronic bacterial prostatitis ? But i dont have pain in that area only pain is testicle and my ultrasound also come normal? So i can consider that i don't have prostatitis..but doctor said i have uti and found e coli in urine...im on cipro ...but still im confused about chronic bacterial prostatitis bcz im having chronic pain in testicle but its now almost gone after taking cipro...

0 likes, 3 replies

3 Replies

• Posted

If the doctor found e.coli then I guess you did have a uti.  Cipro is a very strong antibiotic but e.coli is hard to get rid of so hopefully, if the pain is almost gone, then you should be ok.

Are you worried that the pain was in your testicle, not your bladder?  The cipro should sort out anything that was in your testicle too.  I don't know why you ask about prostatitis then say you don't have pain in that area.  I would think that you don't have prostatitis!

Just be warned that, if your doctor wants to give you more Cipro, it can cause you problems with painful side effects.  Also, if you feel any pains in your legs or ankles or joints you should stop taking it.  Don't take any more Cipro or any other fluoroquinolone antibiotic for a long time.  You may get these pains and they can last for years.  There are discussions here on this site about them.  Be careful, and I hope you are recovered soon.

• Posted

Once the microbes get in there they are difficult to get the antibiotic to engulf them. It's all on the net if you care to research it.....you are lucky to have doctors who recognize what you have mine were at a loss regarding what was wrong with me and eventually the bug did give me prostate symptoms but not until months of doing nowt for me. I took Cipro for 33 days and Mimms states 30 days for that infection for men only of course.

• Posted

Prostatitis is well-known for causing 'referred' pain in testicles - I have it.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.