confused about D3

Posted , 3 users are following.

Hi guys, so ive been doing some reading about different vitamins and supplements, i read that vitamin D needs to be take with magnesium, and now im reading something about K2 and F vitamins also. Im so confused, i dont really want to put all these pills into my system, but i want to try vitamin D3 (if my doctor says im low) 

0 likes, 6 replies

6 Replies

• Posted

Vitamins are very good for the health of the vitamin supplement industry! Normally we should be able to get vitamins from our food if we have a reasonable diet. Sometimes we need them when we are deficient. Vitamin D does tend to be one if you live in a cold country. If you can check before you start taking vitamins if you need them you could save yourself a lot of money.
    • Posted

Hi, thanks for the reply, so basically i had a blood test which told me i has low levels of vitamin b12, around 90's and also these are only half my results yet so i will look out for other deficiencies they may find which im sure they will. Currently i take nothing, i am from england so usually cold climate. I also have bxo which is why im thinking maybe this is been baught on by lower. Immune responce cause by lack of vitamins, hence the blood test ( taking long to get my results ) 

• Posted

My blood test result sheet says my B12 should be between 180 - 700, so you are definitely low! I assume you are having a full blood count and iron and folates tested too?? Has your doctor said you need vitamin B12 shots? Lack of vitamin B12 can lead to pernicious anaemia. It is amazing the number of people who are deficient particularly vegans. Do you have a healthy diet?
    • Posted

My doctor has so far told me i need to wait for all my results, (i presume he will just give me vitamin tablets?) he also mentioned he may need to repeat some tests and maybe even do some other checks. When he done this blood test he said he is checking for everything basically. My diet is vegeterian for the last 3 years or so, before that i was eating meat everyday with little to no veg basically.  Could these low vitamins cause immune problems like bxo? 
    • Posted

I think I read somewhere that two in three people who are vegetarians are B12 deficient while vegans are 92% deficient. Have you told your doctor you are vegetarian? Eggs do have a small amount of vit  B12 but otherwise it is meat or meat. You would probably need supplements as long as you are vegetarian as low B12 can lead to heart disease, plus other problems.
    • Posted

I would not have thought that bxo would cause vitamin B12 deficiency, although I may be wrong. Perhaps ask your doctor.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.