confused about fibro

Posted , 5 users are following.

I have been Back and forth the doctors for Months now with chest pain Neck pain Back pain shortness of breath and pains in my arms have had Blood work and an ecg my doctor says it Sounds Like FMS but what tests are Necessary to rule anything else out because she doesn't seem to want to actually diagnose it also if she thinks that's what it is should i be seeing a rheumatologist. Any Information would be greatly Appreciated

0 likes, 7 replies

7 Replies

• Posted

Definitely ask to be referred to a rheumatologist. I was back and forth to the docs for about 6 months with no diagnosis and all worry after a million blood tests, I finally asked to be referred and they did some simple tests and finalising blood tests and he diagnosed me straight away and put me on medication to help the pain and fatigue. If all of your standard blood tests are coming back fine then its likely that its fibro. He also put me on vitamin D which I was lacking and this can make the pain worse, so they might just do blood tests to see if you have any deficiencies smile
    • Posted

Thank you for Replying will definitely ask my doctor it can only help i Suppose
  • Posted

Hello Zoe,

So sorry to hear the problems you are having. As Fibro seems to be diagnosed by a process of elimination, probably the Doc doesn't thyink further blood tests will reveal anything. A lot of people do seem to be diagnosed by Rheumotologist. To be honest he didn't do anything that the Doc didn't do, and just confirmed the treatment that Doc had alresdy prescribed. That was my experience. You will probably get more information and advice on how to manage on here.

Take care, Anne

• Posted

Hi Zoe

I feel for you.  Has your GP referred you to a rheumatologist ? Unfortunately doctors don't give much suport to fibro sufferers and it can get frustrating.

Take care wink x

• Posted

Hi Love,  sounds very much like Costochodritis with the chest back pains, have a read up about it. This is what I have as well as Tieze Syndrome & Fibro haha  And yes I do rattle daily with all the meds I hate having to take for these things! Hope you get answers soon, take care!
    • Posted

Wow Sounds Like you have a wonderful Time(not ) i Thought it May have been costochodritis but it's not particularly Painful when Moving my arms or Bending it can Come and go even when I'm Just sitting I think it's Just another symptom I'll have to Just Accept thank you for your Reply
  • Posted

Hi Zoe,

I live in the U.S and you're right, doctors don't really want to commit to a diagnosis of FMS because it's such a vague disease and there is no cure. I saw a Rheumotologist today. He doesn't actually follow me, I won't see him again, but he will run tests to rule out of possibilties. Otherwise you just follow with your regular doc

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.