Confused an shocked

Posted , 13 users are following.

I was told that i am not pre menopausal but yet i have all the symtoms. Can some explain to me what is happening ? Does anyone have this issue? My hormones are wacked i have dizziness ,palpitations, acid restlessness , headaches period every two weeks, pain in my belly ..i do not know what to do again..please help someone..

1 like, 20 replies

20 Replies

Prev
  • Posted

Wendy, now that you've given more of your story, some of this makes bettter sense.  I also was 42 1/2 when I started having symptoms of perimenopause.  My doctior also put me on a birth control pill.  BOY THAT DIDN'T SET WELL on my system.  I also stopped taking it.

So this sentence: "I stop taking it an since them i hav been in an out of hospital..anxiety , dizziness, palpitations tingling of arms an legs sinus issues an pain in my tummy also acid.." makes a lot of sense.  A part of what you are now struggling with, is that the pill interferred with your normal production of all your hormones, and even displaced some of the estrogen, testo and progesterone your body was making.  It also altered your FSH from your brain.  So when a woman goes off the pill, it sometimes takes time for her body to readjust.  This may not happen so profoundly with younger woman, who sometimes never skip a beat.  But with "older" woman who systems are a little off kliter anyway, it can take a tole on your system.  

I had this same experience when I went off the pill.  Boy I didn't feel good for many months.  It took awhile for me to get back into some corridinated rhythm again.  I know this isn't what you want to hear, I didn't either.  We both took the pill hoping it would straighten things out and make us feel like our old selves, and instead it made things worse while I was taking it, and also when I quit.  

Get lots of rest, food food, reduce stress, and take a good mulitvitiman.  Hang in there, there is light at the end of this tunnel.     

• Posted

I really do apprciate your advice an support i do wish with all the water am drinking that it washes away...lol ..am tryin my best i do thank u from d bottom of my heart for sharing your experience...
  • Posted

You are very welcome Wendy. Honestly I wish I didn't have my past experience to share!  It sure wasn't pleasant.  But I will finish with the end of my story with that light at the end of the tunnel.   When I did start to rebound, my periods found their way back to semi normal.  I continued for nearly the next ten years with them.  Got back to feeling good again, and looked wonderful.  The cycles weren't as profound, with as dramatic of swings.  Solwly they tapered.  First it was one every two months, then every three, and finally 1 every six months until they stopped completely.  Menopause was actually a breeze.  No hot flashes or night sweats, those only happened in perimenopause.  

But hold on because menopause is not a short term thing and then it's done and over with.  It is a life long state, with continued changes.  I am now 59 and have been in menopausal for 7 years.   Even in menopause your ovaries do produce some hormones, but certainly not enough to give us back our yourthful skin, energy and zest.  

Enjoy what you have right now,  even if at times, it drives you crazy.

• Posted

Thank u an am trying my nest...your advice an support is greatly appreciated

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.