confused and at my wots end

Posted , 3 users are following.

Hi there i am writing this hoping if anyone has heard of this nightmare problem i am having i started a new drug injections for my RA all was going well but i noticed not long after taking drug like small spots been back to doc had blood done all seems to be fine....its not my drug this last while i have been finding myself scratching my face head hands arms everywhere and at times when i wake up in morning i have small spots like tiny insects bites it feels like these things are air bourne and in the air at all time..i have no bed bugs or fleas anything like that all i am asking has anyone ever had such a problem its driving me mad and dont know where to turn for help next as local council want a sample of anything before they can treat the problem wot air bourne insects not seen to the naked eye cos itchin and possiable biting thought i would post this as i have nothing to lose in doing so thanks for reading yeah i know it sounds like a weird one...

0 likes, 3 replies

3 Replies

• Posted

Do you shave with an electrice razore with rotating heads or do you "wet shave" with a safety razor with blades and a lubricant.

This may sound a bit odd but do you shave and use a spray on type shaving foam? 

If you do, how long have you been using it, and have you noticed any changes to its consistency, or the content printed on the can or the packaging. It could be that the manufacture has changed the constiuents that make the foam and you are reacting to it.

Change foams and see if that makes a difference.

I know that when I first started shaving (14 years old) that I used a friends shaving cream and reacted to it badly. The situation could have been as a result of the fact that I have a very greasy skin and at that time very sever acne. In fact I still have a badly scarred back as a result of both adolescent and adult acne.

However, I found that actually the rashes stopped appearing as soon as I used ordinary toilet soap lathered up and spead on my face (as if you were just washing your hands and face). Using a multi-bladed safety razor (not the plastic bic type) I found that the problem has disapeared, and of no coincidence the areas which you cannot reasch with a razor. The same situation occurs when I am "killing two birds with one stone" and showering at the same time as shaving.  The shampoo substitutes the soap and the result is the same.

As you may know, a bladed razor takes off a very thing layer of skin cells and in my case takes the excess grease off my face and that is probably the reasony why face is virtually clear.

The same effect may be achieved with the switch from electric to water, bladed razors.

I think this is a trial and error situation and you will find a soloution to the problem.

Regards

Chris R

As you may be aware, wet safety razr

• Posted

Thanks for ur reply chirsr i wet shave have done for years to let u understand i bought a second hand mattress it was only in my house for 2 weeks and i put it out cos there was a damp smell coming from it and the problem has all started when i brought mattress into house...my wifes is gettin the same problem even folk that visit me scratch there face neck and head god only knows wots going on its so annoying and gettin me really down and dont think i shall ever get to the bottom of it i was wonderin if there was a test someone could do as in to test the air in my house to see wot is in it but dont know who would do such a test
    • Posted

Are you sure you didn't import fleas with the second hand mattress?  Rentokil would be a company to ask but obviously they will charge you but may sort out the problem.

Good luck.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.