Confused and nervous

Posted , 6 users are following.

I went to the urologist and she diagnosed me with LS (of at least that's what she thinks it is). I don't have many of the other symptoms that everyone talks about. I keep hearing how bad the itching is. I have very little if any. Most of my problem is the narrowing of the vagina which makes sex extremely painful and almost impossible. I'm 52 and in menopause so I also have a lot of dryness. I'm on the Premarin cream now but haven't noticed much difference.i am scheduled for a biopsy in a few weeks and I'm really nervous about it for some reason. Just hoping it's not too painful. Hopefully I can get more info and will feel better about everything. Thanks in advance for any tips or info that may help

Best Wishes

Tammie

0 likes, 20 replies

20 Replies

Prev
  • Posted

Try Lichen Sclerosis Support Group on FB. It is a CLOSED page. There is another page on there as well. I didn’t like their bullying behavior, I deleted myself from any postings. There are probably 100 or more women on there to discuss things with.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.