Confused and scared. Please help. :(

Posted , 2 users are following.

I recently went to the hospital for lower abdominal pain that I was having. The only symptom I had at the time was the sudden jolt of pain in my lower left abdomen and occasional gas followed by lower back pain on the left side this morning. After going to the hospital for what I thought was a kidney stone or possible UTI, it turned out to be neither. Blood and urine tests were done both coming back with no apparent infections. All that was there was blood in my urine, ive read online that blood in urine is a symptom of bladder cancer which has me very shaken. I had used the bathroom several times before that and saw nothing my urine was generally clear. Ive never had blood in my urine before. I have no pain using the bathroom or issues of the sort. The doctors could not determine what was wrong, so i was referred to a urologist. Im scared that I may have cancer of some sort. sad the pains im having came on very sudden and are not consistent. They come and go very often. I have slight nausea but nothing that would make me vomit just make me uncomfortable. Ive never had any major medical issues internally other than a stomach virus once. I have no family history of canceror likewise issues. Please help. Im really worried because not even the doctors know whats wrong.

0 likes, 4 replies

4 Replies

• Posted

My niece gets this a lot and is given strong antibiotics till clears, just thought would let you know as it is scary. But not always cancer. Hopefully you get sorted x
    • Posted

Hi Helen11122, thanks for replying. I asked about anti-biotics before I left the hospital and the doctors said no because I had no infection in my lab results. Even though I feel like could only be an infection, i have no fever or other symptoms.
  • Posted

Agree with helen11122 . We all think the worse only naturally,but dont worry. No antibiotics given? Urine tests dont always show an infection but there can be one there anyway. You dont say if you are male or female [I'm guessing male] and you dont say your age.    Are you in UK?
    • Posted

Hi Marina, thanks for replying. Yes I am a male and I am 23.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.