Confused. Anyone like me?

Posted , 4 users are following.

I have suffered with depression since I was 15. I'm not sure when this crossed over to fibro and also I have been diagnosed with a personality disorder. Woah makes me feel so wacky. Different meds all the time. Symptoms cross over with all 3. I really feel I have bipolar but they won't believe me. Help...anyone

0 likes, 7 replies

7 Replies

• Posted

I took carbamezapine and was glad that I wasn't at times a crying suicidal but at the same time I could not be happy or excited???

• Posted

Mellissaha

I have been utterly confused since been five years old, now at sixty seven it gets no better and this whole world and its Society stil gives me things to think about, You are not alone.

Did you get a diagnosis for Fibro ?

If you have mental health issues have you been put on medication, Personality disorder covers many things as can B-polar. What do they feel is wrong if not above ?

BOB

• Posted

Thanks for your reply Bob.

I fear too I will always be confused. And like you I think alot about the world and society.

I used to be obsessed about it and it caused me a great deal of pain.

Yes I have been diagnosed with fibro. But alot of fibro symptoms are present in depression so I don't know where the two are clearly separated.

I have taken medication on and off for 17 years. If I'm honest I don't know if it has made me worse or any better.

I'm sorry that you are still confused after all this time. I hope you find contentment and peace x

• Posted

Melissa.

I have been wondering regard my medications, I do now feel however I would have been worse

I hope you have a wonderful Christmas and New Year

BOB

• Posted

yep, sort of! I've had anxiety since childhood, depression since teens, and now fibro! I think 'differently' at times, which I don't know if it's due to anxiety or something else. I used to have OCD type behaviour a long time ago, and I'm wondering if the thoughts/obsessions I get are due to that. I have family members with OCD. Looking online recently ADD looks like a contender too!  That would really be a shock!!  I don't think it's bipolar although some of my symptoms are like what I've read about hypomania, but I think it's unlikely. My mum isn't diagnosed but I'm fairly sure she has borderline personality disorder. I can relate to bits of that myself, but not the black and white thinking which I think is a major marker for it. I don't know! Will have to wait and see what the psychiatrist says! Have anti-depressants helped you? I've not had a great time with them. Not on anything just now till I've been properly assessed, and it's been pretty tough going.

• Posted

Thanks for your reply.

I have OCD behaviour too. I don't have the black and white thinking all the time .

I wish there was a scan that could be done or a blood test that could be used to correctly diagnose.

I'm always confused what symptoms are connected with which diagnosis.

I have been told I have borderline and fibro. Possibly bi polar but they WILL NOT give me a definate yes or no and I'm just so confused.

O am constantly battling with something and I don't know what it is. I feel crazy and stupid.

It's been inside me since I was around 15. I am 31 now and I fear I will never be able to live a normal life.

I hope you are diagnosed and helped quickly. I feel your pain- it is stuff going xxx

• Posted

Hi Melissahappy! I started experiencing awful symptoms of depression in my mid teens as well. Also, severe up and down moods, dangerous impulsivity, sex addiction, unstable moods, etc. I have a personality disorder as well—- borderline and bipolar disorder. This makes for an interesting person (lol), but it’s usually hell to live with. Which personality disorder were you diagnosed with? I feel like I may have a little Histrionic personality disorder mixed in there somewhere too. It may take a while to discover a good and effective cocktail of medications for you. It took me years of trial and error! Wow.. it took along time. Don’t give up. I take an anti psychotic, mood stabilizer, amphetamine for my a.d.d., and an anti depressant. This all works quite nicely. I need nothing else. Who won’t believe you that you may have bipolar? If you feel that your present psychiatrist isn’t listening to you, then be sure to find another one. After all, you know yourself best. Good luck and happy new year! Much love to you. 

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.