Confused/cfs/mono

Posted , 6 users are following.

Been to my docs and they are on about referring me to a rheumotologist?? Im so scared that it might be cfs?? And i will have this forever im a young woman with a family and it mills me to think this is the case? Has any one else been referred and what was your outcome?? They are putting it down to all the pains i keep getting over my body and because ive had it 6 months sad 

0 likes, 20 replies

20 Replies

Prev
  • Posted

Hi poppy,

I had 2 doctors mention CFS and one PVFS (essentially same thing different names). My mono markers always showed just past infection, yet after talking to many people who had mono I had the same symptoms minus crazy swollen glands. 

When I was told CFS I was devastated and terrified as I read awful things online. It’s now 7 months since I REALLY was ill, and about 9 when I had some symptoms that may or may not have been mono (they were mild, so I never went to docs and kept working.. but if this was the start of mono then it makes sense why my blood tests no longer showed active infection). 

TODAY I AM BACK WORKING, BACK AT THE GYM ONLY TWICE A WEEK AND HALF WHAT I USED TO BE ABLE TO DO BUT HEY AT LEAST IM THERE. I DRIVE, I COOK, I CLEAN, I SHOP. 

I used to be so weak I couldn’t make myself food for weeks and even phoning a cab was too much exertion.. couldn’t think or do it .. felt like an impossible task. And here I am. The only thing that  helped  was time and rest and eating well. It’s a very very difficult thing to go through, I was 25 and felt like I had no idea what the purpose of my life was when all I did was lay in bed week after week and then stay house bound month after month. Be patient, celebrate small victories and improvements, recovery will come for you too. Pay no attention to the CFS baloney! 

• Posted

That is a marvellous post Van, it is briliant to read that recovery is coming on well for you and I really hope that others take hope and heart from this today. I know for one it means so much if you're in the midst of this virus if you can read someone else who went through the same dark days and is further down the road and they went on to make a full recovery.

Remember don't overdo things too much still and hoping things continue to move in the right direction! Really believing that they will and thanks again for your inspiration for everyone!!

Craig

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.