Confused!!! Fed up :(

Posted , 4 users are following.

Hi guys,

Yet another post! On Tuesday I had my INR tested and it was 2.6. On Wednesday I had shortness of breath and bad chest pains so went back to A&E and my INR was 1.4. The doctor said I have pleurisy but no idea about the sudden change in INR. Had it checked today and is 1.8. I'm in A&E at the moment just being checked over as still having symptoms. Has anyone else had similar sudden change in INR and felt very concerned with shortness of breath and pains? I'm 22 and was diagnosed with a PE about 3 weeks ago x

0 likes, 13 replies

13 Replies

• Posted

Hi, you dont have to worry about the INR...i think it can be affected by inflamations, infections etc..do a little bit of research on internet and you will find if there is some correlation between Inr and other things...

If you are on a treatment you are safe but 3 weeks is definitely too early to start feeling as before...

Take it steady sister..you will feel great soon.

• Posted

But I haven't done anything different, eaten anything different am not ill etc! X
    • Posted

Maybe the pleuresy...have u asked your doctor? Is there any nhs number you can call and ask for clarification?
    • Posted

I was in A&E and they have no clue why. Oh well guess it's just one of those things! X
  • Posted

Hi Beth,

sorry to hear that you're having a tough time. I'm in a very similar position as I went to A&E last week with chest pains and fatigue. I'd also had enough of feeling generally crap after 8 weeks of an apparently small PE so this was my only option. Anyway, whilst there my INR was taken and it was considerably lower than the routine test a few days earlier. I think the hospital reads the INR from the bloods that I had taken so my guess is that it is a more accurate reading. 

Keep your chin up although I know it's difficult.

• Posted

Thank you sorry to hear you're feeling rubbish! What did the hospital do when your INR was low? Just hate feeling rubbish feel like I'll never get back to feeling better and back to work! X
    • Posted

I really do understand how you feel Beth. Like you I just want my life back as I'm too young to be feeling like this and way too young to be moaning about how I'm feeling all the time! I'm even beginning to bore myself lately ;o)  The doctor in A&E wasn't concerned about the INR and I think this is one thing you can afford not to worry about too. It will increase and decrease subject to so many other influences like subtle diet and lifestyle changes not to mention illness. So I would suggest you try to almost ignore the reading as its no way as important as you might think. What matters more is how you are feeling in yourself because that's not just some stupid number. As you have pleurisy, this can be treated and this whole thing will soon be a distant memory. Take each day as it comes and try to remain positive. You will recover.
    • Posted

Thank you it is hard work also very scary I'm finding!! X
  • Posted

Hi Beth

I"m now 11 weeks on from my PE and along the way I"ve had several sudden drops in INR levels.  When I drop below my therapeutic range (2-3) I am always put on tinzaparin injections for a few days til my levels go back up.  I too have had a couple of visits to A & E with chest pains, palpitations and shortness of breath.  They just say that it is pleurisy caused by a resolving PE.  I like the word 'resolving'.....to me that indicates that things are improving so it makes the pains more tolerable!  I still get the odd twinges and palpitations but I am just about back to doing all the things I used to now.  It is still early days since your PE.....try and be patient and give things time to heal.  It is very frustrating tho...I do appreciate that!  If you have any concerns about symptoms then be prepared to make a nuisance of yourself, (your GP, A&E or ring 111), til you get answers.....they don't make it easy for those of us with this condition.  

Best wishes

Alex

• Posted

Hi Alex,

I definitely feel that not enough information or support is provided. I will definitely be a pest if I need to be can't go messing around with your health. I'm glad you're feeling better hopefully I will soon too! Just worried about taking too much time off work! X

• Posted

not the I've ever been particularly unwell in the past but I have been surprised at how little support and consistent advice there is for PE sufferers. I've been effectively cut adrift by both my GP and consultant as they simply cannot work out why I'm still symptomatic some 11 weeks after diagnosis. Everything I read online tells me that recovery can take many months but both GP and consultant say that my cough, breathlessness, chest pain and fatigueare nothing to do with the PE. So who do we believe?
    • Posted

I know it doesn't seem right for something so serious. I'd say from all ive been told that its still from the pe but what do I know?! I'm think it can take a long time to recover but again I'm not a doctor!
  • Posted

Thanks Beth. Don't worry about not being a doctor. Fom what I've experienced so far even fully trained doctors struggle to understand PE recovery. Not impressed at all. That's why forums like this are so helpful. They may not give us the answers but they often give us the right questions to ask

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.