Confused n scared what manometry will predict

Posted , 2 users are following.

been diagnosed with gerd and metaplacia at gastroiesophagus junction about 6 years ago am on lanzaprazole n gaviscon.although its better i suffer tremendously with regurgitation daily after anything i eat......i have done all possible lifestyle changes but its becoming unbearable.... it has really put my life on hold.... my kids.... 12,10, and 2 yrs.... suffer because am always unhappy in pain n grumpy.....

Recent endoscopy showed a lax cardia and in the past was diagnosed with small hernia which the consultant didn't mention this time.... gastritis was diagnosed too..... i have now been considered for next step to help qith regurgitation..... the surgeon i saw has suggested stretta but am not too keen having read about its efficacy..... then there is linx or fundoplication..... am waiting to have manometry done...... i kind of feel my oesophageal muscles might not be great because i can feel food going down very slowly n most of the time have to take water to help...... my fear is if manometry results suggest impared motility then i may not be a candidate for surgery and in which case am I doomed with this for ever? Not to mention everytime i regurgitate i fear in future i might end up with cancer n not see my children grow...... please enlighten me if there is any help or solution out there for this horrible scenario 😔Thank you for bearing with my moaning

0 likes, 3 replies

3 Replies

• Posted

Morning everyone.... sorry to bother u all..... but is there any other solution or help if manometry suggests I can't have fundoplication? Or can still request for one? Any advice please.thank you so much

• Posted

Don't worry so much. I burp everytime after eating at least 3 times and burp some 50+ times daily 6 years in a row, daily. I 've got Barrett's, GERD 1, I'm on pantoprazole 20mg daily for 10 months now and feeling ok, If I miss a dose I'm miserable (stomach pain, chest pain due to acid reflux). I'm 25 and otherwise healthy. Have you been on lansoprazole daily? What dosage are you on. Do you have any major sides that you could contribute to PPIs? I know that it is probably hard to watch your children and thinking what if this get's more serious how will I take care of them but try to stay positive...

• Posted

Thank you so much for your reply..... iwas on 60 mg lanzaprazole for about 6 months then i cut it down to 30 because it made no difference to the regurgitation and yes i get muscle cramps especially my legs and am not sure if it is from the lanzaprazole...... iam just conserned that if they cant operate on me due to manometry results then living like this is debilitating...... and you are right i should try n stay positive.... for the sake of my girls...... thank you again because it gives one hope and sound advice goes a long way to clarify things😊

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.