Confused need advice

Posted , 4 users are following.

Hello everyone, I hope I can get some info and advice. I have been suffering for weeks now of mid back pain radiating down left side. The pain in mid back is also more to the left. It's constant and has gotten worse. I went to doc this morning who just said it was muscular but I don't feel it is. It's a constant radiating pain. I feel lethargic sometimes nausea and weak. I had to request a urine sample to be done, what shocked me was it was clear. So im asking has anyone had this problem or been diagnosed even though urine normal ? Somethings just not right and I feel I'm just being robbed off ! This discomfort is driving me crazy. Should the doc have ordered more tests ? Are the dipstick urine tests always accurate and reliable. This is not all in my head I feel poorly and don't know what to do now. I came home with no meds and none the wiser 😕

1 like, 5 replies

5 Replies

• Posted

FOBBED off ...sorry
  • Posted

Hi,

Dip stick tests don't show every infection, however the ones they don't show you would have other symptoms such as needing to go to the loo all the tiime, pain when going and a raised temperature.  Having said all of the above you obviously have pain for some reason, it is the bodies way of telling you all is not well (not necessrily anything sinister).  You know you better than anyone so if you are not happy with what you have been told go back and keep going back until you are happy or feel better,, which ever comes first.  Good luck

• Posted

Hi Helen thank you for replying, my temp is up and down a lot just now, sometimes I feel quite warm other times quite cold. I don't have burning when urinating, though when I need I must go quite quickly, or I have discomfort. Been having some pain at times but not a lot in groin and abdomen. I will see if this continues much longer I will make an appointment with a different doctor. I don't know what else it can be. Thanx again

• Posted

Hi,

Take another urine sample with you when you go back and ask them to send it to a lab to grow it and see wht happens, that is when other stuff shows up.

• Posted

I would continue to seek out why you are feeling so poorly. Do you think it could be hormones. Ask for a blood test . Sometimes dehydration loss of minerals and vitamins can cause symptoms similar to yours. 

Drink lots ot of water and multi vitamins. 

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.