Confused .. Need help

Posted , 8 users are following.

Guys,

I cannot tell you how thankful i am to have found this forum. The discussions and the help that you are doing for each other is worth gold.

Anyways, after reading up on the internet for the last month and stumbling on this forum i hav decided to post my story. And hopefully you can guide me which way to go.

So i am 36 years old, and from last 3 years i have been having all sorts of urinary problems. Frequent urination, and definitely urinating at 5 am every goddamn morning, and many times going to urinate every 45 minutes after 5 am. And then there are days things are just bad. I urinate every hour during day time, and atleast 5 times during the night. Sometimes i feel i am just a pipe, drink one glass of water and just pee after 30 mins. The urine volume is not much and i have to strain sometimes. Sometimes at night i feel i have to strain more, to get the urine out, as if i know urine is in there but i cant just get it out without straining more.

Also the last 3 years have been the most stressful period of my life. Job, money, relationships etc. Everything that can go wrong went wrong.

And yes, this is also the time when i lost lot of hairs, almost got bald within 3 years. 

So I finally decided to visit a urologist. He did couple of tests -- urine, PSA, prostate ultrasound and even the urodynamics test to see how I pee. My PSA was 0.9, my prostate size was 23 cc, the urodynamics test basically did not go through, because i was just too uncomfortable with all those tubes in me.

His diagnosis was that my prostate is not getting relaxed properly. Also he did prescribe terazosin, to see if it helps. I tried it for only 2 days, it made me so dizzy so i did not continue it, but i did see a difference. The fact that i did see a difference and then i read about how it works(realxes the urinary pipe muscles) , I think I do have BPH. I have read so many places that you can have urinary symptoms even with a slightly enlraged prostate. And i feel thats what is going on. Especially the way i feel its in there and i cant get it out without straining.

But i wanted to ask you guys. What do you think i should do ?

I feel like going to another urologist and get my prostate size checked. While at the same time, i found many good doctors who do Green Light, UroLift, Holep etc, but i feel they would say i should do it, so that they can make money.

Confused and Frustrated.

0 likes, 20 replies

20 Replies

Prev
  • Posted

sandhu - I'll hazard two guesses, but keep in mind, they're only guesses, and I'm not a medical professional.  If you're peeing all the time, you're identifying one of the "Poly" triplets.  Polyphagia - all we want to do is eat, because we're always hungry.  Polydipsia - all we want to do is drink to quench our thirst.  Polyuria - all we want to do is pee, and this last one sounds like you.  Taken as a whole, they represent a trifecta for Diabetes Mellitus, Type 2.  Don't be alarmed, but do ask your healthcare professional if it's a possibility.

My second (VERY) uneducated guess, is that you could have a blockage - somewhere - due to any number of reasons; a kidney stone, BPH (though at 36, you're a little on the young side for this), urethral strictures, a congenital defect you've had since birth, you could have a hydronephrotic (or distended) kidney.  It could be due to a supplement, vitamin, or medication that you're taking. The list is ongoing.  Educate yourself on these potential issues, give yourself some time, don't jump to conclusions, go to the top of the page you're on right now, and put one of your concerns in the blank field that has the words "Search Patient" slightly grayed out, keep coming back to this forum because these guys are second-to-none, and by all means - don't be afraid to get a second opinion.  Hope this helps.

• Posted

Friends,

I have noticed three symptoms.

May be they can help me figure out what i have.

1. Hot shower before sleeping really really helps, I mean it reduces the symptoms by about 99%, day before yesterday i took a hot shower and for a night i felt i dont have any problem at all.

2. When the night is bad im peeing anywhere between 12-15 times, every 30 mins, and i just pee few drops.

3. Mornings are usually good, the whole episode doesnt start ramping up until about 4-6 pm.

any thoughts. 

I did a lot of research on prostatitis, but i dont have any pain symptoms, none at all.

• Posted

Good afternoon.  It seams like some of the things I am going through  I can go to the bathroom 4 times in a hours.  The first time is ok small stearm and keeps going take for ever.  They the other time I stand there and I have to push to go very little.  My doctor told me it is mostly like a over active bladder from the inflamation of the prostate.  He told me last week I had chronic prostatitis.  I do have some pain on the right side it like someone is pulling on my testicals down.  it comes and goes.  I have no problem sleeping and I get 4 to 5 hours a night when I do sleep.  Go to the doctor and get it checked that is the best thing you can to.  You don't want it to get worse.   Ken

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.