Confused on how to proceed

Posted , 7 users are following.

Current prescription for glasses R +.50/-1.75, L +1.50/-2.00. Was considering Synfomy but then read about problems at night with halos, starbursts & glare. Am now considering monofocal lens & getting one eye set for near & intermediate & the other for distance & intermediate. Asked my surgeon about Synfomy (Kaiser) & he said I could get that if I wanted. He didn't mention anything about any possible problems with that lens. I can schedule it whenever I want but haven't had any appointment for preoperative measurement as I have read is necessary. Wondering for those who had the surgery did you have appointments prior to the surgery for measurements & with my prescription does monovision sound feasible. Am new to all this, had to google my prescription to find out what OD & OS meant!

1 like, 27 replies

27 Replies

Prev
  • Posted

At Kaiser, they scheduled a measurement appointment and I had the measurements taken after they scheduled my procedure. I had no confidence in the first doctor I had an appointment with and who was available for surgery within a couple of weeks because she seemed uninformed about lenses, and the Symfony in particular, and unable to give me advice. I asked the clinic appointment clerk to set me up with the best doctor, who is much more competent, discussed the options with me, and advised me, based on my individual factors, what lens to choose. He has a three-month surgery waiting list, and my surgery is next month. I decided not to get a Symfony lens because I am too picky and would be really unhappy with starbursts, because I don't care if I wear glasses, and because he did not recommend it for me. I decided to get one eye done at a time, and chose intermediate range, for this eye at least. 

• Posted

Good luck on ur surgery next month. Get back with how ur surgery is going recovery etc. 

many healing blessings sent ur way

• Posted

Wishing you all the best for your surgery next month.
    • Posted

Sounds like your doctor is someone you can trust. I wish there was a way to check on these doctors & find reviews from their patients but with Kaiser that's impossible

• Posted

Went for measurements & found out I have astigmatism so was offered toric lens & wanted to get them. Moved to a different measurement device & was told I had "unstable" eyes & toric lens wouldn't work for me so getting regular lens replacement. Wanted to try mini-monovision but Dr. says he doesn't do mini-monovision as it takes away your depth perception so will probably need glasses for distance & for reading. Surgery on first eye next week.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.