Confused over dosage being raised

Posted , 4 users are following.

I started sertraline 7 weeks ago, in that 7 weeks I was tapering off Effexor, was raised from 50mg to 150mg, raised to 200mg, after a week I got sick so we lowered dosage back to 150mg , tried changing when I take them so spent 3 days a little messed up from that . I have anxiety in the mornings, take xanax (.5mg) to help with that, afternoons are pretty good, but still not feeling content , I know I am anxious that the Zoloft isn't working, does anyone know if the 4-8week rule, starts from the time you start the med or from the time you get to your "therapudic" dose. I have had 7 months of hell with everything thrown at me. I really want the Zoloft to work and don't want to give up to early . Thank you 

0 likes, 4 replies

4 Replies

• Posted

Hi Sharon I'm much the same been on it since May starting at 100 then increased to 150 6 weeks ago feeling quite unwell though the anxiety isn't in my face not sure what to do 

• Posted

I was raised to 150 3 weeks ago, my NP told me I could go up to 175. I did and I have been having an awful time with side effects.four days later.Going back down to 150 and give it more time. Going to take a xanax in the am for anxiety. Started to have some good days at150 this is awful

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.