Confused over natural remedies.

Posted , 6 users are following.

i have been surfing the net over natural remedies to help my hormones, I have read about Black Cohosh, Chasteberry, Menopace Plus and Maca Root etc. has anyone got any experience of any of these that they could share with me?

0 likes, 12 replies

12 Replies

• Posted

Jays the best here for natural stuff Ruth ,hope she's looking in .
  • Posted

I am new to all of this but I have started taking Macca cranberry tabs Vit C, Vit B multi Vit, D-Mannose and primerose oil.  I have the lady magnets too.  It has not got rid of symptoms but has eased things I think.  One of my main probs is the bladder so my remedies are aimed in that direction. hope that helps a little.
  • Posted

Hi ruth

in my early peri i took rain forest food Maca capsules 5.1 ( 2500mg) 

helped no end, still take them now ..

amongst other things 

jay x

• Posted

Thanks Jayneejayi, I have read B6 and B12 are good too, do,you recommend vitamin D.
    • Posted

Hi ruth

i take natecal its calcium and vit D in one

was told to take this at start of peri, for bone health  i started early aged 40 had almost ten years peri .. I am aged 50 now and 18 months post meno

yes i take 100mg B6 a day aswell and B12 

and Vit C

400iu Vit E 

Kelp 1000mg 

solgar chelated magnesium ( chelated does not upset stomach like oxide and citrate they have laxative effects ) 

etc 

jay x

• Posted

Thanks, how much b12 do you take, and how much magnesuim and vit C? It's good to have you knowledgable advice.
    • Posted

Kelp x 1 ( 1000mg ) from simply supplements 

take as hair was coming out and this stopped it, works as when i stopped taking it again hair begin to thin again.

vit C and chelate just take as the bottle suggests 

jay x

• Posted

Brief Kelp info to share 

But Why Kelp? Have Particular Benefits Been Recorded from Taking Seaweed or Kelp Supplements?

The super-nutritional composition of kelp assists the body in its own healing process, working holistically. Kelp and seaweed supplements are found to create a number of positive benefits in the human body, including a curative influence on diseases. These include tuberculosis, colds, influenza, arthritis, heart disease, cancer, thyroid problems, and high cholesterol. Kelp is said to aid weight loss by reducing food cravings, and kelp can help women battling the menopause. It can relieve digestive disorders, trapped wind, and chronic constipation. Kelp is also active in improving the scalp and hair growth. Homeopaths have known about kelp and seaweed for over a century for their detoxifying weight-loss benefits.

• Posted

Today I got, vit B6, B12, Maca Root and magnesuim. I hope these will help me, I can but try.
  • Posted

Menoforce ...sage extract....worked like magic for my flushes for about 3 months.
  • Posted

I sware by the Black Cohosh.  It really worked well for me for a couple of years.  60 mg a day.  there are several brands.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.