CONFUSED THINKING AND HIGH BLOOD PRESSURE

Posted , 4 users are following.

I've noticed that my thinking gets confused when my blood pressure gets elevated..(170/110 +)which in turn gets me to start trembling, shaking and begin to panic...does any one else get similar symptoms and what has worked for you..I'm.currently on Diovan 160 x a day. Atenolol .25 mg per day. And Clonidine

1 like, 4 replies

4 Replies

• Posted

I also get confusion at those levels, mainly when my diastolic pressure is >100.  Deep rythmic breathing and smelling essential oils seem to work for me to help me relax until my blood pressure decreases to a normal level.

• Posted

Thanks for replying...How high does your BP get..?? I wonder why our thinking gets confused when our bp gets elevated...but other people with even higher BP don't get confuse thoughts

• Posted

On Amlodipine it rarely gets above 130/90, but on Losartan (similar to Diovan) I would regularly have readings above 150/100.  I would also have anxiety and shake on Losartan, but generally not on Amlodipine.   Amlodipine has had different issues for me (low blood pressures and disorientation), but they were more tolerable and I was more functional.   You might see if you need to take that much Diovan if you are taking other medications, its possible that needs to be adjusted.  Diovan was much more potent for me than an equivalent dose of Losartan.
  • Posted

I think most people get that confusion when BP rises about certain levels, but some won't even recognize it until their pressure goes back down.

?Then again some people are confused all the time even with low BP.

?Louise, it's hard to know which comes first, perhaps there is some other cause that gets you shaking and trembling and then your BP goes up, too.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.