Confused with diagnosis of CFS and/or Adrenal insufficiency

Posted , 1 user is following.

I know you're not Doctors, but in some ways fellow sufferers are more experienced and I'm hoping someone here has similar symptoms?

I've had 'something ' wrong for over 15 years now. But never a definite diagnosis.

I get flare ups where I feel extremely tired and flu-ish with sore throat and low grade fever.

I've also had quite bad anxiety for about 25 years.

I was told it was adrenal inflammation due to all the anxiety. I took various vitamins and tried to live a healthy lifestyle.

Then came the muscle and joint pain. I was told it could be fibromyalgia.

Finally last year I had a huge amount of blood tests. The only thing found and diagnosed was adrenaline insufficiency. I was given more vitamins.

This year I've been told its CFS. My mother had it and my daughter has it. Dr says it can be hereditary.

Now I've been given antidepressants.

I haven't taken them yet. I'm a bit unsure whether they'll help my symptoms.

I have flare-ups which are happening more often as I get older. I have a sore throat, extreme fatigue, back and shoulder pain mostly in the morning and a flu-ish feeling that never develops into anything. I can feel unwell for a week, then better for a few days, then it comes back for a week or so.

My Doctor couldn't see anything wrong with my throat.

But I'm not making it up! I really do feel ill.

1 like, 0 replies

0 Replies

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.