Confusing genital symptoms - Pain without bumps

Posted , 3 users are following.

Hello all. About a month ago I started having symptoms 3 days after unprotected oral and vaginal sex. I had flu like symptoms before the event happened (sore throat, tired, etc.), but what occurred afterwards was white bumps in the back of the throat and a very sore top of my penis. I quickly got it checked out by a PA and tested negative for Strep, Chlyamdia and Gonerrhea, and HIV for both my throat swab, blood, and urine tests. No discharge has ever occurred and no bumps have shown up on my genitals. I was given antibiotics and it seemed to eliminate the throat bumps, but the genital pain remained. After a while I noticed a dark bump underneath the skin at the opening (it doesn't show up well in pictures). Since then I've also noticed pain in the urethra. When the white bumps in the back of my throat returned I went back and got tested again. This time additional viral and bacterial cultures of the sores returned negative and again Strep, Chlyamdia and Gonerrhea, and HIV for both my throat swab, blood, and urine tests were also negative. I've been put on a stronger antibiotic doxycycline monodx for a 14 day cycle and diagnosed with a nonSTI bacterial infection. I'm day 10 in the treatment and the spots in my throat are gone, but the penile pain hasn't left. Any ideas on what I should do or what this might be caused from? Additional information, pain seems to be heightened after an erection and remains so for a day or so afterwards, but not so much while having one. I do seem to have to go to the bathroom more frequently as well, but I have been drinking more water than normal to help with the possible infection. 

0 likes, 6 replies

6 Replies

• Posted

I guess to be more specific it isn't so much as after an erection, but after an ejaculation. 

• Posted

it sounds like genital herpes. The flu sore throat and symptoms you named. I remember having a hsv1 outbreak first time I got it and I had a fever , excruciating head aches that wouldn't go away and I got a cold sore on side of my lip. But yea , all the symptoms you name sounds like a Gental herpes outbreak 

• Posted

I have a Inflamed penis head, swollen meatus and dry four skin which is constantly red.

I feel like I encountered this after unprotected sex

These symptoms emerged after 2 1/2 to three months after.

Went to a Urologist, Doctor saw it and mentioned it’s not herpes or cancer or cyphalis. He recommended izoconazole nitrate 1%

And fluconazole 200mg 7day capsules.

Cream for yeast infection and pills for fongul treatment.

I must say it was bad prior to the medication which didn’t contain blisters or sores or pimples but the condition remains inflamed.

It doesn’t bother me but a swollen meatus is visible. When I open to see in my urethra tube,  it looks a little light  colored (light gray) possibly related to the meds and soap that irritated me.

But my doctor is persistent with his visual diagnosis,

My overal symptoms are a little dizzy and tired at times, I feel nauseous when driving my motorcycle and feel the same even if I’m not driving in someone else’s car. Feels like a cold flu but it lasts as long as I’m outside the house but at home I feel better. 

Days have past since the cold symptoms and it gotten better.

I sleep earlier then usual and wake up late at night with frequent bathroom brakes with urge to relieve myself 2-3 times a night for urination.

Urinating is not a problem, but no burns or painful experiences.

Any ideas what this might be related to?

Does this sound like your symptoms?

My only guess is based on research which is a circus. 

• Posted

Did your GP rule out a urine infection.  This can also be make you feel really rubbish.  Ask your GP to test your urine to rule out anything simple that can be easily treated.
    • Posted

You sound very experienced, what would you thing I’m experiencing based on my previous post?
    • Posted

I work in the NHS but I am not clinical.  I would say from some of the symptoms that you could have a urine infection but as I am no expert I would recommend that you seek the help of your GP to be sure.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.