Confusing stomach pains

Posted , 5 users are following.

Since Mid-October ( it’s been almost three months now) pf confusing stomach pain. 

What started off as belly button stabbing from no where while riding my bike. I figured it was a pulled muscle. 

The pain continued on and off and fair warning I am o hypochondriac so I took myself to emergency the next day. My blood work and ultra sounds all came back negative and clean. 

I tried to relax myself. 

I kept a log of my symptoms , stool was frequently different and my stomach was very uncomfortable. I tried to stop eating dairy or other food triggers but I didn’t seem to get much better. I went to another doctor to try to see a GI with no luck. They didn’t do much for me but give me anxiety medication( that I didn’t take but they said I obviously needed.) 

Another night my pain gets bad and I go to a doctor they take a swab... but I wanted a full poop in a bag treatment. I was worried about parasites but that test came back negative as well.

My boyfriend thinks I have stress induced IBS.

I want to see a GI but have no medical. 

I’m very stressed about it being something serious. I’ve tried pulled muscle but then I had stool problems. I thought it was my appendix but they was disproven. I thought it was worms or parasites but that was also disproven.

What does it sound like ? 

I have 

Pinching pain on my right side lower sometimes the left side that comes and goes worst at night. 

Gas.

Undigested food in stool. 

Sometimes loose stool. 

Occasional nausea. 

1 like, 9 replies

9 Replies

• Posted

Could be IBS; see a doctor to confirm it.
    • Posted

If you are diagnosed with IBS and you can’t identify a food trigger after a food diary, it may be that food doesn’t affect you.  I have stress related IBS with no food triggers.
    • Posted

If your symptoms start after stress and anxiety, this will help you to figure out what is causing it.
  • Posted

Yes, it very well could be IBS. I was diganosed just a couple months ago and I have the exact same symptoms. Do you ever notice how stress impacts your symptoms? does it make it worse? And have you noticed any foods that could have triggered any of your symptoms? If it isn't dairy causing worse symptoms then try figuring that out first. Try making a food diary, as well as seeing a doctor for the full diagnosis. Don't worry doesn't seem like anything serioussmile

• Posted

I do believe stress could be a factor , my anxiety hasn’t been in check lately , when this all started around the time I started planning to move.

I think mostly dairy or foods like beans and corn that are harder to digest have been a trigger , I have to just stick to cutting them out long enough to see if it helps fully. 

I will make a food diary again (:

Thank you for your reply it helps ! 

• Posted

Could be your appendix. Simple blood test can check for that. Pain in lower quadrant is the area where appendix is. Feeling nauseous and. Sick are classic symptoms. Check it out. Good Luck. I also had mine removed. So any questions just feel free. Bye
    • Posted

Thank you for your reply , It’s been three months and when my pain first started I believed it was my appendix: I went to the doctor and they did blood work and scans 

They we’re all clear 

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.