Confusion about fit note

Posted , 2 users are following.

Hi

ive been off work since the beginning of the year. Without going in to detail i've got a few complex health issues which unfortunately arent going to get better any time soon. My GP was writing me fit notes for a month at a time, unfortunately ive just found out this GP is off work for at least a year and so ive now got a new one.

On speaking with new GP she had an issue with these fit notes, she said she's done me one for another month but that "she'll need to have a think on how to proceed from there because it doesnt seem fair im having to chase up fit notes!" So question is what are the alternatives to a fit note as im still technically employed and i need to provide a fit note for my Esa etc??

Thanks

0 likes, 1 reply

1 Reply

• Posted

HI,

There's no alternative to fit notes while claiming ESA while on assessment rate. Once you've had the work capability assessment, if you're placed into one of the groups then you'll no longer need to send anymore fit notes. Until this happens if you don't continue to send them then your ESA will stop.

If she's trying to say that she's not going to give you anymore fit notes after the next one then i'd advise you to find a different GP who will agree to continue to write the fit notes.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.