Confusion about food for Reflux

Posted , 4 users are following.

Yesterday, I drank lacteez milk and I felt indigestion but today I feel alright. The night before last night I took Ranitidine made in India by Pharmacist at my local store. The reason I bought because all the pharmcists in Australia ran out of Zantac. For three nights I took it and yesterday I saw Zantac comes back as miracle. I bought and took it before going to bed. Is it the Ranitidine doesnt work or the milk or something else? I think the Ranitidine so people should be aware of medicine made in India. Not good product. Same with Sandoz made in India that I took it for months but it doesnt reduce the symptoms. Anyone has the same problem? Sometimes, you think it is from food but may be from medicine the wrong one. It is a battle with your doctor, your pharmacist who suggested me to buy it. I feel depress for no kindness from those who should help us in their professionalism.

1 like, 4 replies

4 Replies

• Posted

Hi Thi, as far as I can tell Zantac and Ranitidine are just different names for the same medicine, which could indeed suggest that the lot you had from India may have been less effective or completely so.

Having said that, it is not uncommon to have a different reaction to a food on different days, sometimes for some reason that we just haven't noticed. There have been times when I felt sure that a new food i was trying out didn't agree with me, only to end up alright with it a week or so later. So maybe your indigestion after the milk yesterday was a one-off occurrence, perhaps because your stomach was still a bit full from an earlier meal. Either way, I'm pleased you've found some relief.

• Posted

You may be right that the may be the food from yesterday still linger on my stomach. I will keep in mind this cause. Thanks for your reply.
  • Posted

Hello thi. I agree that there are some cases where the ones who should show some kindness are only interested in selling rubbish that big pharma is bribing them to push onto patients and doesn't work. The pharmaceutical industry has no interest in curing anything. It doesn't pay. Try cutting out milk and milk products, such as milk chocolate, as it causes the body to make too much mucus and blocks the oesophagus. Eat an apple to clean the oesophagus and stop acid reflux and if you are making too much mucus, an infusion of thistle roots helps a lot. Any soreness in the oesophagus can be greatly helped with aloe vera juice. Just don't bother with rubbish from the doctor. Mine told me he wanred me to take the tablets, pain killers, four times a day. I don't want bloody tablets! I want the damage treated, which would mean a sixth fusion operation in the S.I. joints. I can get a parrot to tell me to take tablets!
  • Posted

Zantac is a brand name for ranitidine.

In UK supermarkets you can buy packets of 12 x 75mg tablets of their own barnded ranitidine (eg Tesco heartburn relief tablets) for £1.10. Zantac costs £3.80 for the same thing - and bothe work equally well.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.