Congested sinuses

Posted , 5 users are following.

Four years ago I was diagnoised with vestibular migraines but there's another issue that is destroying my life and not sure if it's connected to migraines or something else! Sinxe all this started I have congested sinuses apon awaking in the mornings my nose runs clear gunk for up to 2 hours then stops Then every few months I start to feel very lathargic start sleeping alot eyes start to become blood shot dizziness may get worse...this is the build up...then my nose will start to feel prickly inside for a few days I'll then awaken to my ears ringing really loud and they feel muffled my sinuses will be severely congested like the blood vessels have swelled so bad ..I can't breath...I feel panicky and cry with it this can go on months and this last attack caused burning and throbbing inside sinuses and roof of mouth plus right side of face. I have had ct and mri scans of sinuses and brain all clear I have been told I have some form of migraine but still not been diagnoised except for vestibular migraines. I thought possibly trigeminal neuralgia but been told that it's probable trigeminal neuropathic pain? Is there anyone here with symptoms like me? I'm at my wits end..sorry for long post.

0 likes, 31 replies

31 Replies

Prev
  • Posted

Hi chantell, during my endless research trying to diagnose my own symptoms I kept coming across a condition call idiopathic intracranial hypertension. Look it up, see what you think.

I hope you get some answers soon.

• Posted

Yes that can cause those kind of symptoms. Dod you ever get a diagnosis pcat or proper treatment? My migraine was caused by vasculitis. Have a read up on that.
    • Posted

Hi 2pcat, interesting I've looked it up and had a read..I'm not sure I have that, I don't have visual problems but I do have some other symptoms. Why has no doctor investigated this? Makes me so mad! Did you have this?

• Posted

Hi, I don't know what I have :-/ IIH just keeps popping up when I google my symptoms. I am planning to mention it to the neurologist next month.

• Posted

Only just saw your reply Margaret, thanks for all your input on my own post.
    • Posted

You are welcome. I have never had IIH by the way. I know other sufferes who have but I haven't even though I had symptons of it.

• Posted

Thanks 2pcat I'm going to ask my neuro to..it's good to rule things out.

• Posted

Hi Margaret I meant to ask you would asking my doctor for the ANCA blood test show if you have vasculitis? My symptoms seem to match wegners x
    • Posted

My anca test was negative Chantelle. But yes they should do it. It is a strong indicator if positive.
    • Posted

Also some gene they test for ...hbla 51....something or other. Probably got that wrong. I was negative there too.
    • Posted

Oh but that may be just Behcet's only so sorry. Forget that maybe. ??

• Posted

Visual problems are only one possible symptom of vasculitis. Some people have that some don't.

• Posted

You should find the cause, naming it may make you feel better, but bringing down the inflammation is key. Steroids just mask symptoms and confuse the picture, driving disease further inward.
  • Posted

I would bet mold sensitivities. Easy way to see is sleep in another house one or two nights, see if you improve.
    • Posted

Hi 2RenitaH, I live in a new build flat...symptoms really kicked off after moving in around 4 years ago but don't think it's connected to flat as I wasn't right for few months before then. I really don't no what's the cause am at my wits end. I've tried to get answers but nothing ever shows up on tests or scans

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.