Connecting with people who have come off zopliclone

Posted , 5 users are following.

Hi, I have been on Zoplicone for insomnia for about a year and now and I really want to get off it. Unfortunately I am in a space where I am fearful of coming off it as I have young children and struggle to function without sleep. I currently take 1 pill a night, and by doing so 90%+ of the time I can get to sleep in the first place even if I do then wake up later in the night, so I think it would be really helpful to connect with some people who have sucessfully managed to stop taking it, and confidence building that I can do the same. Please get in touch if you are one of these people 😃

0 likes, 8 replies

8 Replies

• Posted

start by reducing ur dose say by 1/4 of a tablet stay on it till your comfortable then reduce for half then 1/4 do it slowly

• Posted

Thank you for your response, that's interesting. My GP was suggesting to cut down/don't medicate 1 night a week, wait till I get used to that and then add additional nights as I get better. But then I was caught up in, well what's a good night not to sleep? None right?

Did the above suggestion work for you personally? Have you managed to go from taking it to not taking it?

Any suggestions for how to deal with the little voice in your head saying "haha - you've taken less dose, that's not going to work" and how to remove the focus off of this?

• Posted

I'd do like the above poster,in my opinion,that one day without it,then going back on it isn't a good idea.

• Posted

there is no right or wrong way to do this its watever works for u i actually think the ashton method is prob best but not sure how ud feel abt subsituting one for another the main goal is reduction and slowly if you do it fast ur body and mind will panic which will not help u sleep

• Posted

Thank you for the tips appreciated. I'll look up that method...

• Posted

The Ashton manual has a schedule for tapering, but difficult to do with zopiclone as tablets so tiny to cut up. Main thing is to do it very slowly. You haven't been on them that long so sure you will be OK.

• Posted

Feels like a very scary and steep mountain to climb right now. But then I've had a week of bad sleep which doesn't help with anything.

• Posted

i've had awful withdrawal symptoms as was made go cold turkey so going back on them for few weeks and do proper taper. But my sleep had actually improved since stopping them. . If you just get over the fear that you won't be able to sleep without them you'll be fine. GThey actually tend to be less effective the longer you are on them in my experience. Some people stop them no problems and doing a gradual taper sure you will be fine.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.