Consciousness

Posted , 6 users are following.

Okay basically I have a anxiety disorder but about a year ago I had a month of alterd state of consciousness which would send me into panic but looking back on it it's quite amazing it's basically a intense feeling of derealization and depersonalisation Can anyone relate 

1 like, 14 replies

14 Replies

• Posted

Absolutely, its very common and very distressing. It used to send me into panic too, and still does even though I know why it happens
    • Posted

Its a response to high anxiety, and its totally normal. So there aren't triggers for it, more there's triggers for anxiety which then triggers the dp. Deal with the anxiety and it'll go
    • Posted

But the day I had this I felt normal the. As soon as I had my anxiety went crazy and I had another one later on 
    • Posted

Its actually ure anxiety that's peaking first, then the dp. It just happens very quickly. Ull have had another because u were anxious about the first. Its a viscous circle
    • Posted

Yeah they've stopped now but I can't stop thinking that I could be a serious illness but I don't 
    • Posted

Its a normal and healthy response to anxiety. We just become fixated in it which just makes it worse
  • Posted

Yeah thats about how ive been feeling for the past 3 or 4 weeks since having my first panic attack and being put on anxiety meds ive felt like ive been in a different world since then but today has been a pretty nice day for the 1st time I got out to do stuff and stay more active and its made a big difference
    • Posted

So true getting out helps in some cases. In my case that's what made it worse one of my triggers was being in a new place with no one I knew...
    • Posted

Yeah I dont like new places I just went to my dr and actually drove for my first time in 3 weeks and I came to a friends house and got out with him some 

• Posted

Yes and absolutely u describe a panic attack with anxiety very well.

it just takes over every thought . Very uncontrollable.

now I have learned my triggers and can cope much better.

• Posted

This often happens to me also. I did not realize it was related to my anxiety but it does make sense. Sometimes it seems like I can't even hear what is around me!

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.