Consentyx feedback please

Posted , 2 users are following.

Hi, I have recently been diagnosed with AS after suffering with RA for 17 years. Would say I am chronic at the moment with back, hips and right heel.  so tired I just want to lie down and sleep but I know that's probably the worst thing I could do!! Due to start Cosentyx next week but concerned about side effects. Read on here that someone had to have their bowel removed after difficulties and they said they were sure the drug caused this, although medical professionals won't accept that. 

My initial concern is lung problems as on Methotrexate I contracted  Pneumonia. Scared in case I get it again.

I'm in Jersey and this drug has only just been offered but I understand there are patients in the U.K. That have been on this for sometime. Would really appreciate some Consentyx feedback.

Many thanks

0 likes, 1 reply

1 Reply

• Posted

Just about to be put on it myself mate , I’m in Southampton so will keep you posted if you like ? 

How are you finding it ?

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.