Consistant sly Chest pain (center chest area where ribs join)

Posted , 2 users are following.

Info: 23 year old male

No previous related medical history

no strainious workouts

the pain occurs in this area:

the pain feels in the boney area where the ribs join together, rather than the chest muscle highlighted in picture and more internal than on the skin surface

as a time line, (many weeks ago, roughly 8 or 9) the pain first occured when relaxing playing playsation( so no stress on the body) when a sudden feeling of immense "pressure" in the marked area, so much so i had to lay on my bed for 5 minuets to regain myself before the pain faded. (there was no breathing issues or pain with breathing)

since that date i have avoided all stranious exercises or any workouts chest related (other than testing what activates the pain)

the pain has consisted since then (pain is bareable, around a 2 or 3/10 and only activated when/by the lower examples) but is not continuously activated, since then i have been testing to see what activates this pain and i have found the following:

Laying on back and leaning forward (so shoulders are raised off the bed)

Flexing chest muscle (as if you was to make your chest bounce up and down), holding the tensing causes pain to stay continuous, and stops when untensing

Pull ups but only when in the raised position(top of the pull up)

Some movements when seated looking left (rarely when looking right) and keeping legs facing straight on, moving the torso

Whilst sitting in a chair, with legs up and when i lean forward (as if i was to pick up something from my desk)

Breathing does not cause any pain at all

When pain is activated its a constant flat pain (no pulsating, or sharp spikes etc)

The pressure feeling makes me feel like i need to stretch my chest out ( to make it click (as if you was to click your knuckles))

Stretch like this position:

note: my chest has actually clicked on occasion when stretching like above (no pain occures with the click, but a small sensation of "satifaction"? but provides no lasting pain relief (example if i was to tense my chest, pain wouldstill occur)

Havent been to doctors due to current world events

0 likes, 5 replies

5 Replies

• Posted

That definitely sounds muscular skeletal have you tried any anti inflammatory tablets like ibuprofen for the pain? Have you looked up costochondritis?

• Posted

havent tried any tablets to help, have just been taking it easy and resting.

Now the pain doesnt seem as bad as the first occurrences but it is still definitely occuring

• Posted

Try ibuprofen it can help. If it is costo, it is quite common and not serious most people deal with it with anti inflammatories.

• Posted

would naproxen help? theyre the only ones i can find on hand at the minuet

• Posted

Naproxen are good they can give you a bit of heartburn though so take them with food and make sure you have some indigestion tablets around if you need.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.