Consisten eye problems, any info would be awesome.

Posted , 4 users are following.

I've been having quit a few eye issues over the past couple years, im 19 now. Usually i have quite a bit of visual disortions such as floaters, flashes, eye flash flickering when moving eye's to fast etc etc. Literally ever sympton you can possibly have related to Retinal Detachment. So at first i went to a optometrist about a year and a half ago. She said their was nothing. About 6 months ago symptons continued and the whole eye flickering came into play. so i went to an OPTHAMOLOGIST for a more professional opinion, and yet again NOTHING no issues what so ever. So now im at the point, do i go again? im really confused here and worried for my vision. Thanks.

0 likes, 5 replies

5 Replies

• Posted

Wow.. same here literally. All kinds of weird vision problems. I am 28 but about 10 years ago I went through 3 months of intense floaters and kind of like random blind spots throughout my vision that would come and go all day. And then it resolved on its own. But two years later it came back again for a few more months and went away again. But since July of last year I've been having the problems with my vision again and this time more intense and they are not going away. It's been 10 months now and I have seen two different ophthalmologists I have seen to neurologists and also a neuro opthamologist, one of the best in the country, at the University of Utah Morgan Eye Center. There is literally no organic cause 4 these vision problems I am experiencing. While doing random blood test my doctor did notice my iron levels were kind of low and I was anemic for some reason. Also on a spinal tap results my C-reactive protein and ESR levels were both slightly elevated, which is an inflammation marker, but for some reason the doctors don't think this is an issue. So now the blame is on anxiety LOL. Unfortunately when they do all these tests and can't find an answer they assume anxiety is causing it. I know that anxiety isn't the sole cause for the issues I've been dealing with but I know it is making them a lot worse. but just know you are not alone believe me I am going through hell with this. I would recommend evaluated by a neurologist

• Posted

Believe it or not i went to a neurologist, he said the only thing he can potentially see as an issue is Occipital Neuralgia but that only effects the nerves underneath the scalp from the bottom of my neck, nothing eye related. It does explain weird head pains from time to time (scalp pains) but nothing else. Feels good tho that im not the only one, other people have had similar issues from what i can see on these forums.
  • Posted

Tyler04178 had a good answer. I have a similar problem caused by anxiety that's called ocular migraine. I take pain medication and mange stress to reduce the problem. Seeing an neurologist is something you might want to consider.

• Posted

Thanks for the reply, i already have unfortunately and nothing wrong from what they can see. What is a cause for concern is that NO SCANS were done. They basically told me their was no point to since both optometrist and ophthalmologist didn't find a single thing wrong. In fact they both said the exact same thing regarding the condition of my eyes, "perfect, as perfect as you can have them".

• Posted

Oh man, that sucks! It's ridiculous that no tests were done and you're condition isn't taken seriously.Maybe you could ask for recommendations pain medication or an over-the-counter supplement mix. I take multiple meds for other illnesses but what I've found to be helpful is to attack other problems that can effect the head/brain. For example, antihistamines help with sinuses, olive leaf for digestion or I've heard magnesium and magtein can prevent headaches.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.