Consisten Urinary Tracy Infections

Posted , 4 users are following.

My husband has been having urine infections for 15 months now and he has had  5 corses of Antibiotics but as soon as he’s finished the course back it starts again. 

He has had an Ultrasound Scan today and they said they couldn’t see anything wrong and he has got an infection at the moment his urine smells horrendous typically first thing in a morning. Can anyone relate to this problem 

0 likes, 8 replies

8 Replies

• Posted

The infection may be resistant to antibiotics; my mum had this.  Your doctor may prescribe a stronger dose of antibiotics or change the medication. He may refer him to a urologist.
    • Posted

Definitely ask about antibiotic resistance .  Hope he gets better soon.
  • Posted

Hi

Is your husband on any medication other than antibiotic? does he have any illnesses? 🤔

• Posted

Hi Gillian 

Yes my husband is on a few tablets Ramipril Bisoprolol Astorvastatin Tramadol Aspirin

Lansoprosol. He had a heart attack August 2017 has very severe Arthritis so not in the best of health. Thank you for replying.

• Posted

Does Your husband  have issues with High BP, cholesterol and heart issues? It could very well be the meds that are causing the persistent urine infections. The use of the antibiotics will be killing off any good bacteria, this is probably why it keeps coming back as well as the fact it could very well be one of the meds or a combination of the meds. I think organic oregano is safe for him to take, but you might need to run it by his doc, it’s a better antibiotic than any doctors pills and it doesn’t have any side effects, totally natural. The constant use of antibiotics will be causing havoc on his stomach. 
    • Posted

Thank you for your advice we were questioning the meds as he had no problem until he started taking them when he had his heart attack. 
  • Posted

It is due to the bacterial infection, the antibiotics help to fight that bacteria and make our body stronger. Must drink plenty of water and juices.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.