Consistent pain in both breasts

Posted , 2 users are following.

For the past couple of months, I have had pain in the same spot on both of my breasts, though the left seems to be a little worse. It is near the bottom outer portion of them. It hurts to the touch and has been hurting when I get up in the morning (going from a laying to standing position). I am 29 years old, I'm not pregnant, and I have been on the same hormonal birth control for years (though I did recently stop taking it for a few months after a breakup before going back on it). My mom doesn't think its anything to be worried about, I have a pap smear in a month and no other symptoms. Is it something I can wait another month to see my doctor about? It seems unlikely to be dangerous but with my anxiety (I am on anxiety meds) I can't stop thinking about it.

0 likes, 2 replies

2 Replies

• Posted

The pill can definitely make your breasts more painful and lumpy particularly at certain times of the month. Is this all the time or just before your period and when you ovulate? It wouldn't hurt to get your breasts examined by a doctor or nurse, they can tell you what to look out for. The risks of dangerous side effects from the pill will go up a lot in your 30s, you may want to discuss a safer type of birth control with your doctor. Just out of interest which brand of pill are you on?

• Posted

All the time. I won't get my period for another two weeks. I am on Cryselle. My cycle is like clockwork on them but I have irregular periods off them. The pill has never given me side effects before but maybe now that I am getting older they are. l will discuss it with my doctor in January when I get my pap smear if it doesn't sound like anything immediately dangerous.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.