consistently no bleed - someone please help

Posted , 4 users are following.

Hi, 

After a few years on the pill (have been on Levest and Rigevedon and also tried the patch), I've had consistent problems with breakthrough bleeding.

My GP reccommend that I start taking Daylette, and I've been on it for 6 months. But, i've only bled twice during my 4 day break during this time, and I'm worried that something may be wrong. I've never missed a pill and have felt okay on it, but i know this isn't normal. I know i'm not pregnant, and as stupid as it sounds I'm worried i could be doing myself long term damage if i continue to take this pill. My GP says that its nothing and that is should just see it as a positive side effect, but its making me consider switching to the injection. 

If anyone has any advice then it would be much appreciated .

1 like, 6 replies

6 Replies

• Posted

Only you can decide which bc you want to be on.

dont let the gp bully you into staying on bc if you have concerns!

• Posted

Hi Louise.

When you take a combined pill and have a period in your pill free days, this is not a true period and only a 'withdrawal' bleed so therefore whilst ever you have been on any form of pill you have not been having true periods....

Daylette has lower doses of oestrogen, and therefore will be closer to the mini pill than the combined pill which is why you have a short break from the pill (4 days instead of 7) with a mini pill you take it every day and usually rarely have a bleed.

It seems that your pill is acting a little more like the mini pill does for you. This is not harmful and will not affect your health or your fertility. The lining of the womb becomes thinner and therefore it doesn't need to 'shed'.

If you were to go onto the contraceptive injection, you are likely to have no periods at all after a few doses. Again this is not harmful in anyway at all as when you have your bleeds on a combined pill this is not a period... With any contractions, you are not having a real period.

Embrace the lack of periods! Who wants periods anyway?? :p

Hope this is helpful information and gives you some reassurance.

• Posted

Correction... Not contractions.... Contraceptions*
    • Posted

Thank you so much for your reply, it has certainly set my mind at ease! My GP didn't explain the effects of only having a 4 day break, and I had no idea that my pill was closer to the mini pill!

• Posted

I have just come off the injection after 6-7 years as would like to conceive.... And the side effects and symptoms are horrendous.

I'm exhausted, I ache all over, my boobs are so sore, and looking at another year plus before my cycle returns (no sign of a cycle yet and my last jab was February now).

I never got told about this when I went on it and wish I knew!!!

• Posted

Hi Gigglesme.

You spent a very long time on the injection and so it will take your body some time to adjust to how you feel without it. It will get better, make sure you are looking after yourself, eat well, plenty of vitamins, plenty of fluid and try to do just a little bit of exercise regularly.

You really should have been told about the after effect with your cycles as it is VERY WELL known that once the Depo injection is stopped it can take upto a year for you to get back into your cycle and to be able to conceive. It is very naughty of them really to not have told you.

Please be reassured that it WILL come back. My best advice is to focus on your overall general health at the moment, as the better your health is the better your body will be able to adjust.

Hope you are feeling better soon!!

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.