Constant abdominal pain for 1.5 years. No Doctor is yet to know what is causing it, please help

Posted , 7 users are following.

Hi, I have had this pain for 1.5 years and is often to the beat of my heart. I have never had a day over this time of feeling normal. After eating large meals it can get worse but I have never found any food in my diet to trigger the pain. I feel like I have tried everything and all the following tests have been clear.

• Gastroscopy
  • Ultrasound
  • MRI
  • Urine test
  • Blood test
  • Stool test

I have also tried the Low FODMAP diet for 6 weeks and didn't help (this includes dairy and gluten free). Other things have been tried including peppermint supplement, pro-biotics, ranetidine and ompeprazole.

It could be some sort of IBS but I have never had any problems with diarrhea or constipation

Any help would be appreciated thanks

1 like, 11 replies

11 Replies

• Posted

Very similar to my problem. I got H Pylori test positive. Did you go for it?

• Posted

I've had a stool test, blood test 3 times and a stomach swab in the gastroscopy, i think it would have come up in that. How did you get tested for it?

• Posted

Well for me that tested without asking me, along with the endoscopy. Actually I get confused why many patients I hear don't go for H Pylori test.

They say 60% of world population has H Pylori. And that makes me think, what it means to be H Pylori positive.

My doctor, even when H Pylori was positive, was stressing more that it's a gastritis problem due to stress.

So I am not sure how important is it to get it tested.

• Posted

How severe is your pain and does moevement aggravate your pain?

• Posted

It is about 4/10 but constant. It has never gone away or eased. Movement doesn't aggravate it. I am completely fine doing exercise

• Posted

Did any GI ever suggest treatment with amitryptiline?It is commonly prescribed for muscle spasm in the stomach.

There is a natural herbal remedy that is worth a shot, a forty year old remedy, Iberogast that brings relief to a lot of people. I found it from a fellow gastroparesis sufferer then my research found so many people who had found help for many different issues. I too had so many tests with no answers until I finally went to a gastric surgeon and she scoped me and solved the mystery. It can be a frustrating nightmare. I am so sorry you are going through this. Blessings and hope to you friend. Praying for you

• Posted

What was the mystery?

Btw, I would like to add "Mastic Gum". Never tried, but heard about it.

• Posted

Thanks for the help. I have been on amitryptiline for 4 days now. No change as of yet. I was told that if it doesn't work within 2 weeks to stop and then I am to try Paroxetine. I will look into the Iberogast. Thanks

• Posted

Ask about IBS. You can get pain predominant IBS which means you will get more pain but less bowel habit change. Bowel habit change can include changes in colour and texture of your stools and not just constipation or diarrhoea. Fodmap doesn't help everyone with IBS.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.