Constant aching

Posted , 10 users are following.

Hi everyone hope you've all had a good christmas - I'm having a very hard time with aches and pains. Lower back, lower rib pain, upper rib pain, shoulder pain, pain in the arms and elbows, sometimes in the arm pit and side of breast area - all on right side. Been to doctor five times over this - had chest X-ray - all ok. Is there anything to help ease this? Doctors keep giving me painkillers which I don't take - why? I really want answers - sleeping is hard, anxiety high - anyone else get this? Feel like I'm the only one and I just can't get on and enjoy myself x

0 likes, 12 replies

12 Replies

• Posted

I'm sorry you're having bad time. Do you think it's something to do with your spine? Maybe need MRI of your spine? Are you active? I'm 43 and can tell you when I'm due to have the period (not regular since March ) I feel bad. This month I got painful boobs and shaking feeling inside at night. I hate it. Before Christmas had so many checks. .. only will check my hormones now. I understand how you feel. I don't take pain killers the same as you want the answers.

Blessings

• Posted

Google the health benefits of gelatin.  I really need to write a post on this soon!  The stuff is amazingfor what you are suffering
  • Posted

I suffer a lot more now with aches and pains since starting the menopause I am constantly tired and my memory is not what it used to be. I was also very depressed, moody, irritable and much more. I was finding it very hard to cope I visited the doctor and decided I couldn't suffer anymore so went on HRT which has helped a lot. It's not for everyone but the pluses outweigh the minuses for me. I feel much better but I'm not my old self. 

• Posted

Hi Tunsc,

pie to started HRT back in September 2016, can I ask please which u r on?

I know we r all different I've so far been on 2 different ones 

1: Femm seven: but was taken off them as I was getting a lot of migranes

2: now on Estradiol, but get headaches, still feel fatigued, aching body????????.

so I'm Obviosly not suited either to this one as well!

is there THE RIGHT patch? I mean to suit me?.

i thought HRT is supposed to help, I seem to be poorly everyday? 

Luckly I have gotten in to see a GP ( but male!) tonight what advice would u give me to ask in relation as to a good HRT patch? This is all new to me and I've no idea what to ask, in questions? I do suffer with migranes, and GP knows this, 

so at the moment I'm om 25mcg every 3rd then 4th day a week, also fitted with a mirenia coil, could I be feeling like this as my dosage isn't enough? 

I know I've asked such a lot here, but even if u could just help with advice u do know it's extremly useful!!.

sorry for such a long post Tunsc. Thanks.

• Posted

Hi Shelly,

Its not problem, we are all in the same boat. Yes you could still be feeling low because your dosage is not right, but when you increase this you need to give it time to start taking effect, a few months. I am on tablet form HRT Prempak C 1.25/0.25mg, which I take everyday like the pill. I also suffer from migraines, but have been ok on this. At my doctors we have the facility to see a practice nurse, which I find a lot better after all a woman knows best!!! The male doctors I have spoken to in the past have been very unsympathetic. I would try and see a nurse at the practice. 

I am considering having the coil fitted because I have been having very heavy periods for the last 10 years which cause me a lot of back and stomach ache. I thought this would ease taking HRT but it hasn't it just the same. I spoke to the nurse she said I would definitely benefit. When you see you doctor/nurse be honest about how you are feeling, I was very overwhelmed and pretty desperate to be honest I was very depressed. You need to know the side affects the pluses and minuses, ask for statistic, but most of all you need to know its going to work for you. I was not prepared to suffer for years. Let me know how you get on. Take care 

• Posted

Rib pain, shoulder pain, arm pain, arm pit and side of breast. Mine is left sided. My scalp stays tender in the back top of my head too. I think a lot of it is anxiety related. I always feel very tense and I don't like taking anti anxiety meds. I am thinking about getting a massage and see if that will give me some temporary relief. But you are not alone! ((Hugs)).

• Posted

My scalp is sore to touch at the back as well. I'm worried about bit about hair colour that is put on by hairdressers. It burns a bit when on but I really need it.

• Posted

I've seen so many Doctors since last September. .and lady GP and the Physician said that we don't look after our bodies well because we are too busy and too expensive in England to do massage . We look at 20-40 £ depends on what to do and where.

It definitely is a good idea.

Let us know how things will be after message.

• Posted

Thank you everyone for your comments - having a really rough time and not a happy bunny - really struggling to enjoy myself and even smile - last night I had tightening in chest and laboured breathing - feeling fine this morning but it'll all come back - I just so want this whole thing to be over - I just want to feel normal and happy and be that person that my friends used to like!!

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.