Constant acute anxiety mainly from regrets in my life

Posted , 4 users are following.

Hello, I am in a contant state of anxiety, mainly thinking I am going to die and leave my 5 year old son without anybody,  I am a single mother and was in a very emotional abusive relationship, and when I got pregnant he wanted nothing to do with it. I have been on a rollercoaster ever since, dealing with housing, financial worries etc. More recently I have been having acute anxiety, heart palpitations, fight or flight chemicals racing in my body, no sleep, just generally feeling terrible and absolutely convinced I am dying of some disease, usually a disease that will be embarrassing too. The main cause I think is that I live in a cosntant state of regret and embarrassment for all the things I have done in my life,, stupid mistakes, drinking, blacking out and doing destructive things to myself when drunk. I left the love of my life for this absuive relationship and I cant help wonder what would have been, now I am here, a shell of my former self and basically constantly convinced i am going to die from cancer even aids! Its a torture to be in my own head. Is there anyone who feels the same?

1 like, 6 replies

6 Replies

• Posted

Sweetheart your going through a lot ,firstly your not going to die.

Go to your doctor get a full check up if all is ok then its anxiety and a bit of depression I would say.

Talk to family or friends if you can and definatley get some therapy or counselling

We all have regrets in our lives,we have to learn to deal with them and move on.

Think of your son you have so much to live for.

Stay strong you are amoung friends on this forumbiggrin

• Posted

Lynne, Thank you for your kind post. When I see it in black and white I think i may need counselling, because I feel terrible and it helps to make that realisation. I hope you are ok, do you get anxiety? I hope not becuase its torture xx take care and thanks for your support.
    • Posted

I have had depression for 16 yeras the anxiety only started 4 months ago and Ive had to resign from work because of it but with a medication change Im getting there very slowley just when you think all is ok another symptom pops up.

With my depression I pushed so many people away and would not talk to anyone and have many many regrets.

So you do what you have to to keep your little family together

much love Lynne x

• Posted

Oh gosh Lynne, that is hard, I wish you the very very best on your journey . From the sounds of it, you have alot of  inner strength. good luck and thanks again xxxx
  • Posted

Hey there,

I'm sure this is hard for you.

If you ever need anything, post on here or feel free to send me a PM.

You are not alone.

Good luck and all the best

• Posted

Try to take a little time for yourself when the kiddos are lying down for a nap etc.  Look on the net for some guided meditation to sit, lay down, relax and listen. Do it once or a couple times a day till you can get into see someone, doctor etc.  Have blood work done to rule out any possibly physiological disorder.  Tell your doctor whats going on, and maybe get a referral to counseling. 

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.