Constant anxiety about ectopic beats

Posted , 3 users are following.

So I am 30 years old -Male. Two months back I started experiencing few ectopic beats everyday. I got scared initially and One afternoon I thought I was having a heart attack so I rushed to the ER where I had an ECG and Troponin-I test. Both were normal and I came back home. Two days later and still suffering from ectopics I visited a cardiologist and he did an Echo of my heart which he said was normal though in the report 2-3 things were just at the border of the reference range indicated in the report. One thing he told me was that I had Marfanid Habitus but since My echo was normal and I had not manifested any problem till 30 years of age, he was not concerned about it. He prescribed 40 mg of propanol ,a beta blocker daily for 10 days. It worked and for a month I hardly suffered from any ectopics. But since last three days I have again started expereincing few ectopics and I started taking 20 mg of propanol daily and it has reduced them a bit.

One more thing I would like to tell is when I first expereinced ectopcis it was after masturbating and at that time for a week I had masturbated extensively. I did not tell this to my cardiologist as I felt a bit embarrassed but I still feel that it was excessive masturbation which brought these upon me. However i have stopped masturbating ever since but ectopics are not going away.(

To add more to it, I have developed severe health anxiety and I keep looking at my echo report and imagine things like what if those values which are borderline normal start increasing or what if echo was not that accurate. Further i hesitate to exercise as I feel i Might have a cardiac arrest. I keep googling about cardiac health whole day everyday and I am a nervous wreck these days.

Wrote this here just to vent out my inner frustration. ANY suggestions or advice would be much appreciated. THanks.

1 like, 1 reply

1 Reply

• Posted

I feel your pain. I have been having PVC's for almost a year now. they are not consistent they are very random. Some will come on every 5 to 10 beats, then nothing for about 10 minutes. and so on... went to ER, cardiologist, etc. Everything always comes back fine. I too fall to the trap of Googling my symptoms. I really do feel your pain. So far, I can only help you with support as I have not found anything that helps relieve them. I'm being seen in a month by a psychiatrist to see if anxiety is the culprit. best of luck to you. will be following this to see any updates!

Alex

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.