Constant anxiety I might have cancer- scared about new symptoms

Posted , 4 users are following.

I'm having really bad anxiety and I'm sorry to write such a long post but I was hoping someone might be able to help give me some advice!

Every day, there's some new symptom or some new thing that I noticed that sends me spiralling into a panic attack and imagining the worst case scenario. It's really hard to do almost anything during the day because I spend so much time focused on it and feeling a rollercoaster of anxiety D: And right now I can't go to the doctor because of all the COVID stuff, so I can't get anything checked out by a doctor and I'm worried by the time I can it'll be too late.

I've noticed some lymph node swelling- mostly in my neck. About a week ago I felt swollen lymph nodes in my armpits and they hurt a tone, but it doesn't hurt anymore and I'm pretty sure(?) I can't feel the nodes anymore. If they're there then they're really small. In my neck they're under my jaw and around the side of my neck- it feels like there's this big lump on the left side. I tried to check if my collarbone had swollen lymph nodes but I prodded around there so much I ended up really hurting the muscles (it's still sore). I don't think they're swollen but I'm also not a doctor, so who knows!

I'm also worried my liver might be swollen. I had some tenderness and pain in my upper right abdomen for a few weeks- it stopped hurting though so that's good! But it still feels weird and slightly swollen when I press on it. It feels bigger than the left side. I kept trying to feel if my liver was enlarged- but I also ended up sort of hurting myself with that.

I managed to mostly calm myself down about that stuff, since I do have a bit of an on and off scratchy throat so I figured the lymph nodes are maybe just swollen from a cold. Then today, of course, I noticed something else. All of a sudden I have these tiny little red spots (like a pinprick size) all on my arm and some on my leg and back. I know what these are since someone in my family has it more serious, it's petichiae. Which is a symptom of leukemia- as is the lymph nodes and liver thing. 😦 And I have a lot of widespread joint pain. I feel pretty healthy during the day, like I can walk and eat and stuff and I don't have night sweats, but I'm so anxious!!! I really don't want to die. I'm so scared that when I go to the doctor they're going to confirm all my fears. Does anyone have any advice?? Any similar symptoms? I'm feeling really lost and overwhelmed.

0 likes, 2 replies

2 Replies

• Posted

you need therapy for your anxiety. I know you can't go to a Dr now but there are tonnes of online resources you can access, often for free. anxiety can bring on new aches and pains, so you need to try learning meditation or relaxation techniqued

• Posted

Hi there, i know this is an old post but i just wondered how you were doing now? Reading through you post really was like looking in a mirror. I dont have the symptoms that you have but i have the health anxiety and fear. Everyday i am online googling another thing that i feel with my body, i fear the worst all the time. I hope you're doing better than you were 😃

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.