Constant anxiety nearly a year in 😞

Posted , 3 users are following.

Hi all! just wondered if anyone else gets a constant anxiety since getting EBV? i am just coming out of my second flare up now ten months in since first getting the virus.

i have noticed when an acute phase of the virus happens i get terrible panick attacks and then this settles as i slowly get better. however even now i seem to have a constant anxiety in the background every day, its manageable but i dont understand why its always there.

I'm not sure if its because i have had no support from health professionals with this or because it is a physical symptom from the virus? any ideas?

im so scared of getting another flare up by doing too much, i know this is part of the worry. its hard to get the balance of living your life and knowing your limits especially now i have a slight bit of energy!

any advice would be great x

0 likes, 7 replies

7 Replies

• Edited

Hi Laura! So sorry you're still dealing with this. I'm 9 months in and still having bad anxiety amongst other things. All the doctors I've seen have made me feel worse and contributed to my anxiety by making me feel like I was crazy due to all the symptoms I have because my blood work looks clean every time. It created ptsd for me because of how I was treated. They have no clue about EBV and what it does and no idea how to help people. Its awful I know. Luckily, I've found a doctor who understands EBV and im working with her now so fingers crossed. You're not alone. She has me taking magnesium twice a day, lemon balm, & gaba. I decided to quit prescription meds (anti-anxiety) as they were masking my symptoms and creating some more on top of the ebv. The withdrawal from these and antidepressants are wicked but I have hope these natural remedies will build up and start making all the difference soon. I hope this gets better for you & I.

Jay

• Posted

thanks Jay, i am exactly the same i came off all the meds from the GP because nothing was helping anyway. Also my Gp thinks I have anxiety and thats causing my symptoms! so frustrating because i know its the EBV i was never anxious or depressed before. im nearly a year in and still waiting to see neurology but everytime i mention a symptom to the GPs they just look really confused or just ignore it. i cant believe they dont know anything about this virus your very lucky you have found one that does.

i had gone back to work after six months and just tried to ignore being ill and did well for three months and then i got a awful flare up it was like going back to the beginning again.

i am in so many supplements too and just started the magnesium.

let me know how it all goes x

• Posted

Hi Laura! It's so awful these doctors chalk everything up to just anxiety because they dont want to deal with a tough patient (ebv). The anxiety is definitely still stemming from ebv. I still have it too. I've also had a mri which showed nothing wrong with my brain & I hope the same for you! The trauma of this all plus insensitive doctors have really got to me. Luckily my new doc has been very validating. She told me all the running around to different doctors and stressing was just prolonging my healing & i need to accept how awful this virus is and what its capable of. Its so hard to think a virus can screw us up so bad. Wishing you a full healing ❤️

Jay

• Posted

i agree and same to you. its weird some days i think i have my head together and can be calm thinking its a virus and all will be fine and then another day its like the logic goes out the window and im spiralling mentally. i must admit i am coping a bit better. if you can cope with the first onset of this virus you can cope with anything!

• Edited

Absolutely! Its so evil how it can toy with you differently from day to day. I think that's what makes it so hard to grasp and believe. You just never know with this thing... not a walk in the park by any means. Hang on.. better days have to come for us!

• Posted

This is very typical of mono, it seems to set off fight or flight response.

• Posted

thanks for the reply. i find it strange the doctors dont understand this, sometimes you just want to be told this is normal for the virus, like you have said. my cortisol always comes back normal even in the acute phase when im climbing the walls. but then again all the bloods are normal. its so confusing!

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.