Constant anxious uneasy feeling

Posted , 6 users are following.

hi ladies, so im pretty sure im in perimenopause - im 43 and my periods are still fairy regular though now very light and tend to be brown or pink, though sometimes i just dont know...in the past year ive had this horrible anxiety pretty much constantly like i can never properly relax, and it comes in waves or surges and is sometimes with depression, im on antidepressants and having therapy but nothing is shifting it and its making me question everything in my life trying to figure out what is causing it...i also have low level cramps like pms a lot and night sweats - has anyone else had this - is it hormonal ? did it go away? if i knew for sure was peri menopause i could deal with it but its so hard to know for sure, i did get one of those menopause tests from amazon and it came out positive but i just find it hard to believe hormones can be causing this ? anyone else? x

1 like, 7 replies

7 Replies

• Posted

i am 47 & am going through exactly same, on antidepressants, which have helped, but when period comes, straight back into it, its like being on edge constantly, earlier in the year it was worse, lost weight & barely went out, working part time now, but still not 100% and having a bad few days at moment. i beleive hormones are responsible, as when im out of it, im totally fine, until the next time, its horrible & scary x

• Posted

also there is a good support group on facebook, called the menopause support network, has helped me over the last year

• Posted

hi chrissy thanks for that, its horrible isnt it? how long has it been going on for you - for me its been since i was 39 - does your vision go weird sometimes as well - like i just cant see straight and it scares me and i get more anxious and its a viscious circle...im on a menopause group on fb - might be the same one! it helps for sure, to hear from other people going through this - i've read a lot that once you start to skip periods symptoms ease off, so im looking forward to that x

• Posted

it got to the debilitating stage this year, but the citalopram helps, but i go backwards when its period time, this month after a very heavy period last month, ive missed it, but have symptoms but no bleed, hoping it was last one, although hormones still not settled, have tried everything, but know it passes, hard to remember when you feel so bad though x

• Posted

my vision sometimes goes blury, its the edginess & fear i hate, for no reason x

• Posted

oh, sweetie, I'm right there with you. i am definitely in perimenopause and the anxiety is just awful. the night sweats and hot flashes are just unbearable. I just turned 40 and I'm hoping for it to pass quickly. I cannot imagine ten years of this.

• Posted

I had this also at the beginning of peri and didn't realize it Karen and had to come home from work and drink a glass of wine to calm down it was horrible... Im sorry you are having this anxiety Im just glad you realize it,, took me a year!!! HUGS TO YOU

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.