Constant back pain, hip pain, groin and skin after Laminectomy and L4 L5 fusion

Posted , 14 users are following.

I am 4 months post OP of a laminectomy and L4 L5 fusion because of degenerative disc disease and a para faucet cyst leading to claudia equiane. I am in more pain now then before. My back is stable however I still have occasional pain down my left leg to my toes,sitting and walking. But the worst pain is in my back while sitting upright and walking. Plus the sore hips while sleeping so much so it wakes me up during the night and wearing tight pants hurs

As the day goes on back ach gets worse and worse with the occasional shooting pains coming from the out side of my hips to my groin ( I almost drop) and my skin across my back hips and thighs gets very sensitive to touch. This means I need to lay down.. i try to walk and stretch every day on the treadmill or outside but my back fights me all the way. I really have to push through. This means I need to lay down again and use heat or ice. I feel like I shouldn't have had the surgery except I had no choice. Does this mean this is my life forever? I am thinking I should as for an updated MRI? The surgeon said it is residual pain. I looked this up and it lead me to FBSS. He also said thanks to our medical service taking 2.5 years to originally see him and another 8 months after that for surgery.

I am going to see a physio therapist today. Any input would help.

0 likes, 33 replies

33 Replies

Prev
  • Posted

So, I am still home with all the neuropathic pain on lower back hips,bum and occasionally down my left leg. The Surgeon said my nerve is damaged. he suggested lyrica and I told him about my negative experience with it. I become depressed and anxious. So we talked about a spinal stimulator. I told him I wasn't interested. So he mentioned Gabapentin. He give it a try for 3 months and see how it goes. I am giving it a try and I am on the 4th week. No pain relief yet. Brain is still good though.

• Posted

hi all , how is everyone getting on ? came across all you stories on trying to find info after still being in pain five months after laminectomy and decompression op as had cauda equina syndrome , would love some advice as i really didnt think id feel like this five months down the line

• Posted

Hi Cathy , I had fusion L5/S1 in 2002, yes i have failed back , i was told all that groin/ hip pain is actually the SI joint,close to hip area. i feel your pain,i battle still daily. between low back SI joint pain, and now pain in the middle upper back where the leads to a spine stimulator was placed in 2005 and removed in 2007. ive had 16 plus yrs of spinal injections as well. Stay stronge!!

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.