constant bad tonsil stones that went away with antibiotics but came back

Posted , 3 users are following.

I've had tonsil stones for a while now and they're very frequent and foul smelling except its only in one tonsil, I'd poke them all out and all of a sudden the next day I wake up with my my tonsil full of them, I tried a better dental routine and still nothing changed. I went on metronidazole which treated my tonsil stones and removed the smelly breath but after that it came right back so I asked my doctor for a second dose and it worked again but came back. I have constant postnasal drip and my tongue has a white/greenish coating on it despite scraping my tongue constantly so I'm wondering if that might be the issue. When I ask my doctor he said he didn't know what was going on and that I just need to practice better dental hygiene in which I have been doing but nothing is working.

0 likes, 1 reply

1 Reply

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.