Constant blocked nose and excessive mucus

Posted , 1 user is following.

Hi guys,

I make a point of avoiding forums where medical matters are concerned but im out of options so here i am.

About 2 years ago, I noticed that I was getting a blocked nose more often, certainly more often than what is considered normal. As I have other health issues i put it down to a weakened immune system and carried on.

After around a month, it wasnt getting better and I had began to start expelling mucus of varying colour & texture when sneezing and coughing. As one would expect, I took this to my GP out of concern and as I was already under the hospital for other issues, the relevant scans and tests were carried out.

My results came back clean so my GP prescribed me a nasal steroid incase it was a sinus infection. Several courses later, the issue was worsening so I was taken off the steroids. No contact from my GP for a while then Covid hit so I was told that I wasnt a priority. Understandable.

Fast forward to now and its a constant state ive been in for 8 months. when I clear my nose, its full again within minutes. Ive tried several different nasal irrigators, changed parts of my lifestyle and on occasion, deliberately tried to block my nose, all with no luck.

Its now impossible to see my GP and the hospital is backlogged. Ive repeatedly asked if my existing health problems could be responsible but have been told no by multiple Doctors.

As for my existing health problems. I suffer from the following:

• IBS
  • GERD/LPR
  • Hypermobility
  • Hypersensitivity (visual)
  • ASD (AS)

I suffered aspartame poisoning 10 years ago and ive had 2 random bouts of RCVS as an adult. Ive not had Covid, I am vaccinated and in general, I rarely get the flu or sickness.

I dont have much hope as my own doctors dont know but im wondering if anyone else has similar symptoms and any info.

I know it sounds selfish with what the pandemic is doing but ive had enough now and want to try and fix it.

Thanks for reading if youve made it this far 😃

Jay

0 likes, 0 replies

0 Replies

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.