Constant burping

Posted , 4 users are following.

Hi for the past few weeks I have been pumping constantly all day I have had chest tightness and pain in my left shoulder and arm. Has anyone else suffered this

0 likes, 9 replies

9 Replies

• Posted

I have pressure/heaviness on the midde upper chest area all day long, every day and only when I lay back it feels better. But no pain on left arm or shoulder. They said I have acid (mild) on the back of my throat and vocals so they believe that is the problem.  I can't take any Reflux medicatiion until tomorrow because they will be testing for H. Bylori.  I burb alot as well but I do have mlld refulx and gastritis.
    • Posted

My pain or tightness is more at the top of my chest to the left side and at my throat sometimes I literally burp all day to the point it makes me gag I am never sick with it but feel that way. I was taking iron tablets when this all started but I've cut them down to see if it went away but hasn't. I'm wondering if I should go to doctor again with it
    • Posted

You need to contact your ENT for an office Laryngoscopy.  Its pretty simple and in 5 mintes you will know if you have acid behind your throat ( which appear you have).  Yes, mines is at the top as well, but in the middle all the way from my upper chest to my throat.  I would say the same place you will feel heartburn but without the heartburn.  Now, I asked them if they can do a direct Laryngoscopy which goes behind your lungs but they told me that is also called an endoscopy which I already had 4 the last 2 years.   She said the pressure, heavines on the upper side of my chest can my acid.   I had al the blood test done and besifes the H.Pylory which they will check tomorrow everything else is clear. Including Cardio and Pulmo cleared me as well.  Eben when I drink water I burp. ;-(
    • Posted

Does my doctor need to refer me or can I Do this myself? Yeah I had 3 ecgs in past month and blood test and was fine altho I still find myself worrying if it's my heart 😔
    • Posted

That depends on your insurance.   In my case I already had a referral for an ENT due to my sinus so all I did was make an appointment and ask them if they do Laryngoscopy. which they did.  But if you do not have an ENT already you would have to call your insurance to know how is done with them.  Some your don't have to call and some you do. ;-)
    • Posted

Hello Lynsey,

Iron tablets can cause trouble for people's stomachs, like gastritis, which in turn can cause pains in the chest. If you could stop taking them altogether and give enough time for your upset stomach to recover, then you would have better chance of knowing if they caused the issues. Dietary iron is always a preferable source where possible.

• Posted

I agree, with me they first tough it was my gastritis causing the chest pressure, but now they think is the acid. Anyway, today had my H Pylori done so i started Pantoprazole 40dr. Hope it will help because feeling this pressure/heaviness 14-16 hours daily ( which makes my breathing harder) is not something I can see myself living for the rest of my life. But yes Lynsey, check with your ENT and your GI.
    • Posted

Hi Papote, the heaviness to be affecting your breathing is awful, and does suggest that the acid is involved. My throat and voice also seem to be affected to a degree when I have a set-back with how the gastritis is, like presently through risking a week and a half of delicious blackcurrant jam once a day - acidic jams being a known top nasty for stomach troubles. Maybe you can try some dietary changes again to see if you can lessen the reflux issue? There's always a chance that a thing or few things you eat are keeping you from more improvement? It took me a long time to see that a few foods I thought were ok were actually hitting me. Either way, I hope you have some ease soon.
    • Posted

Thanks Paul, I also have problem with my throat and voice but the ENT said it was mild but it could affect my upper chest as well. I have done many thing to eat better and I actually don't even eat spicy foods or anything that should affect my reflux or gastritis but like you said, sometimes is regular food you had no idea was harming you.  Now, in my personal case when I lay back the pressure is gone or 80/90% gone and  I sleep well in any position. Keeping my fingers cross with this new medication. ;-) 

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.