Constant burping and throat tightness

Posted , 24 users are following.

Hi

I have suffered bouts of heartburn and belching off and on for a couple of years.The past few months have seen an increase in belching constantly and very loudly with heartburn and on one occasion i had hearturn all night and throught i was having a heart attack.

I do like very hot spicy food and drink alot of coffee and alchol a few times a week.I have since reduced what i think are these triggers but feel like i might have caused long term damage.

The following symptons i am getting now are:

Pressure in chest and throat when waking up

Belching from throat

Feeling of tightness and strangulation feeling in throat together with lumpy feeling

Occasional nausea

Occasional stomach pain 

Feeling really uncomfortable mainly in throat area where i belch

I can eat food ok

Went to docs 2 weeks ago where i was asked if family history of osophegeal cancer which really scared me.She put me on 40mg daily of Omeprazole which dont seem to be doing much.

I am going back to the doctors this week and asking for an endoscopy as cant go on with this problem as really getting me down!

I am really hoping that i don't have cancer and was wondering what else it could be and if anyone has had similar symptons to me?

Thank you

Kathee

3 likes, 27 replies

27 Replies

Prev
  • Posted

i know I may never get a response but I've been suffering from the same thing constant belching for two and half months now. It all came out of nowhere. My wife and I suspect it was from the gym as I was  in pain that night and according to my wife and sore. I really hope I have a hital hernia or something fixable I will see the doctor in 2days. It's taken over my life essential to the point I can't sleep anymore. I am worried it's not a htial hernia anymore as i've now lost a lot of weight in the two and half months. The first month march I felt great like it didn't bother me that much. Towards april it annoyed me at time but I was still able to sleep. Now I feel I need to literally keep myelf up in order to sleep. I don't suspect it's cancer but has anyone found and answer?

• Posted

Hi, most constant belching is down to HH.  I have one.  I also loved the gym and lifting weights (ladies weights).  I have reflux.  When my gastritis kicks in, I love weight.  Yes keep yourself up at night - raise your bed by at least 6".  Sounding like HH/reflux and there is plenty you can do to help.

• Posted

Sorry edit - when my gastritis kicks in I lose weight.
  • Edited

I wanted to see if there was any resolution to these problems.

This sounds exactly like what i have been experiencing as I have the throat tightness and the constant need to burp.

Does anyone get occasional pain in their breastbone area as I sometimes experience this?

Also, has anyone had a cough as I have had a persistent dry cough for the past month?

• Posted

Hi

Did you manage to sort this inhave the same problems .

Thanks Carl

• Posted

Hi Cathy, and everyone else who has posted on here. I know this was posted a while ago, so I hope you all have figured out your symptoms by now. As for the throat pressure/burning sensation, constant belching, etc. I have experienced the same thing; however, mine started after having viral gastroenteritis with excessive vomiting. The ONLY thing that helps my symptoms is drinking Essentia water- it is alkaline with a pH of 9.5. I know a lot of times GERD is actually low stomach acid, and since the stomach acid is too low, the LES is not triggered to close. Then patients are placed on PPIs which block the acid production, and end up making this worse in the long run. SO drinking alkaline water does seem counterintuitive, but in my case it helped (I think because my esophagus was irritated by vomiting stomach acid.) Anyways, hope this helps!

• Posted

I have the same thing and its been going on for months. I was freaking out until I read this. 46 year old male.

• Posted

me too suffering from the same problem.will show a doctor after Covid-19 blows over

• Posted

now too getting throat tightness ..oo god plz help me..😭😭

• Posted

no resolution for me! I have had this issue for years! another endoscopy Friday for me!

• Posted

Is there any resolution to this 😢 I'm having the same problem

• Posted

Hi

There is tests to show this, i had a baruim swallow and it showed that my stomach was full of air even though i had not eating.

The air escapes into the throat .

Its called aerophaiga .

It can be from anxiety, mouth breathing allergys amongst over things.

I was told to take infercol 3 times a day 3 pipetes worth.

I also take 3 charcoal tablets morning and evening which helps alot.

Hope this helps.

I am not sure if i get this from taking lanzoraple for 7 years .

I would like to warn people from taking this for a long time and try to find alternatives like ginger and liquorice.

Also look into a meltonin study that was done with other vitamins that cured 100% of the people with gerd by strengthen the valve.

It was put against lanzarople and came out on top.

I have lots of other health conditions now which are linked to being on ppi s for a long time.

I have roscea with rhinopymphia.

B12 defiency

and immune disease yet i was told ppis are safe.

I am only 33 .

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.