Constant burping for 5 months-now I’ve developed sharp pains in stomach and cramping

Posted , 5 users are following.

so essentially im a 26 year old male who has suffered with acid reflux for probably 4 years. Omeprozule actually eliminated any symptoms of acid reflux to the point i would only take it once every few months. since around november 2018, i have been burping probably 10x more than i normally would, virtually all the time but this was my only symptom. around 5 weeks ago i was kept awake by some stomach cramping towards the top of my abdomen.. i felt kind of a movement in my stomach and the pain subsided. 3 weeks ago, i had some real pain in my stomach that felt like gas pain. now more frequently ive been experiencing spasms in my lower left side but without any real pain.. could this be to do with trapped gas? yesterday again i had an afternoon of real bad pain that was all over my abdomen.. i feel sort of movements almost like contractions within my stomach and the pain is temporarily relieved. my stomach constantly feels like its churning away and the pain will pop up somewhere else. some days the only symptom i will have is a lot of burping though. the doctor isnt too concerned. but i need to find ways of stopping the gas and occasional very painful spasm's/ cramps. does anyone have similar issues and has found a cure? i cant tell if the burping has become a habit.. i do eat very fast according to my peers.. maybe this could be an issue, it has never been an issue in the past. any advice would be greatly welcomed.

0 likes, 8 replies

8 Replies

• Posted

Have you tried anti-gas tablets? No prescription needed and inexpensive.

• Posted

what anti gas meds would you suggest? ive been given omeprozol and rinitdine for acid, are gas tablets different to acid tablets?

• Posted

Yes they are different. Try Simethicone anti-gas tablets. Your pharmacist can assist you.

• Posted

Hey Andy, I've felt similar symptoms. I have been burping since last year, Omeprazole seemed to cure it. It returned after I decided to do a quick work out. I'd advice you to continue the Omeprazole, not for more than a month though. Also try this herbal tea that seems to give relief; I feel better honeslty, the frequency of burping has reduced significantly. My mom prepared this for me TWICE:

1. Bring ginger to a good boil.
    2. After a minute or two, add garlic's skin. The skin that comes off the clove.
    3. Immediately after boiling, NO MORE BOILING, add 3 small thyme leaves and mint leaves. These will be left to draw.

Add some sugar to sweeten, and drink it hot. I drink half a cup of this herbal tea anytime I feel any gas discomfort.

A friend just advised me to try probiotic supplements. I just wanted to share this with you as well. I don't know how well it will work but you're free to test it.

I have an appointment for an endoscopy in 2 weeks. I'll keep you posted.

I wish you a speedy recovery.

• Posted

Hi Krista! Just checking on you. how did you endoscopy go? hope you are better.

• Posted

Hey Christelle 👋🏼

I am doing alright. I guess I mildly strained my neck muscle which caused an onset of occasional burping.

I never went to get the endoscopy done . Reasons are because I felt better by the time and I didn't have $900 at the time. I will do it in due time to clear up any concerns about my stomach.

I've realized whenever my neck muscles are stretched a little, it causes burping. I will let the doctor know when I return.

Thanks for checking up on me. I hope you're doing alright!

• Posted

Hi Krista ! I am glad you felt better. I have good and not so good days. stomach rumbling and burping are now something I have to learn to live with i guess. which is terrible!!! I too will go for another endoscopy in due time. praying we all get better soon .

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.