Constant catarrh

Posted , 6 users are following.

Hello laidies . I was wondering if any of you suffer with this . For a while now I seem to have continuous catarrh in my throat , a sniffly nose and sometimes my ears feel blocked . The catarrh in my throat even wakes me at night like I can't clear it as I sleep . This is starting to worry me ( along with all my various other symptoms ) . It gets so tiring the constant worrying and I feel like I'm becoming a hypochondriac . Also I want to make plans , but I never know how I am going to feel from one day to the next . I also get bad migraines . It's all fun and games X

0 likes, 6 replies

6 Replies

• Posted

Hi,i am not sure if it is the same but back in june i started to have a weird feeling of something stuck in my throat. Ears felt full on and off. I got really worried. Sometimes I would have phlem which could partially explain the feeling but not always. It drove me crazy. I did not do much. I didn't know what to do. I went to neuro doc since at the same time I had random numbness and my GP said the throat problem could be connected. Now it is ok. It went away and I hope hope hope it does not come back.

Thhe feeling is very very disturbing and unpleasant.

Hope u feel better.

Usually around ovulation my ears feel full and neck area weird too.

• Posted

Jane

I have always had sinus problems but during my peri I have horrendous, runny nose, congestion, sinus headaches and phlegm much worse than I ever had, especially after exercise. I also have bleeding gums all which are part of the menopause experience.

Try not to take decongestants too much they can make things worse, I use steam room at my gym but you can use bowl hot water steam to in hale it helps. I wouldn't worry too much it is pretty common.

• Posted

Thank you for that reply . I seem to worry about everything . Off work with another migraine and felt so sick . Just sitting here feeling sorry for myself and really fed up wondering how long all these symptoms will go on ! I'm 49 by the way and I've been in this journey for a year and a half now , due on this week and still have regular , heavy periods . Had most test going . X

• Posted

I did the same in June when mine all started, mine came on through stress at work, after feeling rotten for 4 weeks I decided to overhaul my diet so no processed food or sugar, swapped high intensity exercise for swimming, pilates and yoga an starting taking supplements, Magnesium, flaxseed oil. I also have to take anti depressants because of anxiety and panic disorder so my migraines have stopped (I get occasional headache) nor do I get hot flushes but they are not easy to take if you are offered them
    • Posted

Same Jane...I am 49 and just get used to one symptom and another pops up. At the moment my ribs and back are achy...I have extreme fatigue and have to keep clearing my throat. I was good for a while as I cut out caffeine and overhauled my diet. But sugar has been creeping back in and I am feeling its effects again...a bit anxious and a bit flat. Its horrible isn't it sad

• Posted

Hi Jane

i have been exactly the same God just short of two years, they have had me on four different types of acid tablets, which they still want me to take for the time been, I gave gad allergy tests they came back clear, nasal sprays, nothing is working, I had to go for a check up with my GP on Friday and he is sending me back to a 3rd ENT, I'm at the end of my tether with it, like you I have a sniffly nose I can feel the phelm going down the back of my throats which then causes me to clear, when it's bad my throats and ears get really hot and uncomfortable. If I eat or drink anything my throat hoes red and warm and then calms down. Hopefully I will get some anwers this time, my GP did say that it's not anything serious so should not get myself anxious about that, because since peri I do get bad anxiety, which I know doesn't help anything, they did mention that if they can't find a anwers then it's most definitely down to my hormones

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.